Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
It's been a long time but I thought I'd mention now that because Frank Oz had made the baa-ing sounds of the evil goat laughing, I had considered giving him the name of Frances after Frank just like I had named the piggies after their performers: Jerry, Richard and Dave. But in the end I didn't.
That would have been so perfect, naming the goat Frances! I really like that idea, hehe. But I think I can see why you decided against naming him when you first thought about it.
Thinking about this old post by Beth also gave me the funny thought that when I re-wrote that story of mine naming the female piggies after Karen Prell, Kathy Mullen and Louise Gold I could have also made the evil goat a woman naming her after Sesame Street Muppeteer Fran Brill.

Sort of poetic isn't it? Frank and Fran. Just the subtraction of the letter K:wink:
Heh, that's cool! It's funny, I hadn't noticed before how similar their names are. That's an awesome idea! So Marty, I was thinking... if you're still up for it, do you think we could name our little evil goaties "Frances" and "Fran" now? :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Frances is the way my Aunt spells her name and I just thought that when it's used for a man it should be spelled Francis but I'm not really certain on that.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
So Marty, I was thinking... if you're still up for it, do you think we could name our little evil goaties "Frances" and "Fran" now? :big_grin:
We can officially declare Francis, however you spell it, as the evil goat's name in the original version. I think it would suit him just great. :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Frances is the way my Aunt spells her name and I just thought that when it's used for a man it should be spelled Francis but I'm not really certain on that.
Oh, that's really interesting. Honestly, I had never seen the spelling "Frances" before. But if you think it's better to name him "Francis," that would be awesome! I love that our evil goat buddy has a name now! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And Caroline, even though I seem to recall you posting somewhere that you preferred the goat to stay male in my different version, if you really like the idea now we can say in future that the female piggies were done in by "Evil Fran" the lady goatie. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Yeah, that's very true, Marty. I did prefer the goat to stay male. But now, I'm starting to think that it could be cute to have the goat be female in your new version, as well. And hey, "Evil Fran" the lady goatie... that is just too cool, hehe. I like it! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It just dawned on me that strictly speaking the piggies in neither version were really done in of course. They survived, providing you choose to believe that my little story about the family with the trampoline at the bottom of the mountain, whether told with the males or the females, is true that is. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
That's a very good point, Marty. (And I certainly do believe that story with the trampoline! Talk about a fun time! :big_grin:) And after all, as we all know, they are Muppets... and Muppets can survive anything!

So, on that note, we have Evil Francis and Evil Fran not doing them in, but just adding to the piggies' fun and giving them quite a ride in their own little versions. :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That is so very nice of Francis and Fran. :smile:

Reminds me of the old saying "Sometimes you need to be cruel in order to be kind." Very appropriate wouldn't you say Caroline? :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Lol, that's a great quote, Marty. And you're absolutely right... extremely appropriate with our evil goat buddies here! :big_grin:

And I just gotta say again, their names are so cute! Francis and Fran... awwwww, hehe. I love 'em. :big_grin: