Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
And, I recently got the Time Life video with this episode on it, and when I was watching it the other day and it got to this scene, all I could think about was this silly thread! :big_grin: Thanks, Marty! :wink:
Have you checked out the points I made earlier Caroline about the first pig peering down the mountain and looking perturbed and the last pigs emphasis upon the lyrics O may I always laugh and sing ? I think he adds a heh-heh after for emphasis.

If you haven't yet you might want to look at it and post your responses or if you already have you may like to do it now. You're welcome Caroline and thanks to you as well:smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Have you checked out the points I made earlier Caroline about the first pig peering down the mountain and looking perturbed and the last pigs emphasis upon the lyrics O may I always laugh and sing ? I think he adds a heh-heh after for emphasis.

If you haven't yet you might want to look at it and post your responses or if you already have you may like to do it now. You're welcome Caroline and thanks to you as well:smile:
I definitely did notice both of those things. Actually, I was watching that first pig so closely for how and when he would be peering down like that. But I had a lot of fun watching for things while thinking about this thread and you guys here. I liked that little "heh-heh" he added at the end of that one line, too. It did add emphasis and made it really clear how nervous he was.

Aww, you're welcome, too. I'm glad you have fun with all of us fellow silly people in here! :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
As the say in show business, "The show must go on". So that's why the pigs kept singing after one of them fell to their doom.

You defenatetly have the wierd part right Caroline. That's part of the appeal of the Muppets.

travellingpat

Reaction score
VALDEREEEE VALDERAAAA VALDERREEEEEEEEEEEEEE VALDER AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i love this sketch, this was always one of my favorites!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Nice of you to drop in here on your travels Pat:smile:

Might cross paths with you elsewhere around the forum sometime.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
Marty, you're so right. That's the best idea yet! Miss Piggy sure would've taken care of the evil goat and karate chopped him right outta everyone's way! Maybe she had karate chopped them before, though, so they didn't want to take her... she probably had karate chopped everybody on, and around that show!
You're right Caroline about her karate chopping almost everybody on the show. She seemed to actually get along with her fellow pigs though.
I remember she sometimes karate chopped Link Hogthrob and Julius Strangepork particularly on some Pigs in Space episodes. And also sometimes Annie Sue. But I can't recollect whether any of the un-named pigs ever suffered at her hands as far as we know onscreen anyway.

I can remember in season one she sometimes referred to the what-not pigs as her brothers. And one of them called her his sister once during a panel discussion. Maybe her siblings were always in her good books. (especially from piglethood experience:wink: ) Link, Julius and Annie I presume, were no relation to her whatsoever.

Hmm. That makes me think. Heaven help the poor wicked goat if Piggy ever found out exactly what happened to three of her dear brothers.:mad:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And don't you also just adore the realistic sound effects to suggest the noises made by the first two pigs bouncing down the mountainside Caroline?
And also the effect of the sound of the boulders rolling. Does it not sound so appropriately real?:big_grin:

I wonder if they may have pushed the last pig down as opposed to crushing him against the mountainside. Otherwise the wolf may have had a hard time collecting the meat so he could have all three pigs in his stewpot.
Just imagine the wolf waiting for the third pig to fall then quickly runs for cover with a shriek as the boulders come tumbling right behind.
Naturally he was very pleased with the goat for killing the pigs for him but he had to say, "Next time tell me if you're going to do something like that. I've never had such a close call ever before.":wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well I'm very honoured to have the privelege of announcing this to be the 150th post in this crazy thread:excited: :smirk:

Thanks and bless you all for your support:big_grin: