Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Absolutely, Marty! I totally agree with that, and the emphasis that he (yes, or she, hehe) put on those words was very skillfully and smooooothly done! :big_grin: Really though, I do see what you mean, and I think it's perfect and awesomely in line with his (.... her!) thoughts. I guess I just like to be weirdly literal with those thoughts, hehe! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes it was at that moment in the skit that the implied fate of the other two piggies was hammered home to the audience beyond a shadow of a doubt, huh? :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Let's bump it up so you can notice my new comment more readily Caroline. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Haha, thanks for the bump! :big_grin:

Well actually, I wouldn't say the fate of the other piggies was hammered home at that point, but I would say the audience would start wondering even more about the leader piggy's fate and what that might be! Just as he (... she, hehe) was wondering at that time. We get so involved when we're watching our Muppets! :wink: :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Your last response has made me wonder how many people watching the skit would have figured the first two piggies were supposed to be killed before the leader said that particular line.

I suppose it would probably seem obvious enough in hindsight. But I wonder how many may have failed to realize they were dead immediately?:confused:

Skye

Reaction score
Hmm, that's an interesting question, Marty. I hadn't thought about that before. I guess for me, I just figured that since they fell... I mean, I know what would happen if I fell off of a mountain! :wink: Lol, so I guess I just assumed that they had been killed. Of course, since they are the Muppets, you never really know what's going to happen, hehe. As we sure have come up with many, many, many ideas! :big_grin: But that is an interesting thought you've got there!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hmm, that's an interesting question, Marty. I hadn't thought about that before. I guess for me, I just figured that since they fell... I mean, I know what would happen if I fell off of a mountain! Lol, so I guess I just assumed that they had been killed. Of course, since they are the Muppets, you never really know what's going to happen, hehe.
That's very true. Whether you're killed or not does depend on how high you fall though.

But even if they had not been up too high a mountain the craziness still could have fitted in until that last piggy's line. Imagine their buddy is lying at the bottom with a broken arm or leg, fractured ribs or so. Maybe even un conscious. I could understand the other two looking at each other and saying Uh-oh. Heh heh. In fact the way they say Watch your step and Yeah Yeah so calmly you'd almost swear the only danger of the fall from their present height was serious injury rather than certain death, wouldn't you?:wink:

But in any case it would be typical muppet craziness to keep climbing up singing the second verse joyfully rather than going down to give their dear friend first-aid and try to contact an ambulance service somehow.:crazy: :stick_out_tongue:

Skye

Reaction score
It really does depend on how high you are, you're right. But like, when the second piggy falls, the camera shot goes out a bit, and I thought it did look like they were awfully high up. But that could definitely depend on each person's individual perspective when they're watching the sketch...
In fact the way they say Watch your step and Yeah Yeah so calmly you'd almost swear the only danger of the fall from their present height was serious injury rather than certain death, wouldn't you?:wink:
But in any case it would be typical muppet craziness to keep climbing up singing the second verse joyfully rather than going down to give their dear friend first-aid and try to contact an ambulance service somehow.
Haha! That's a good point! And even though we've talked about how totally calm they were (which I still find real hilarious, btw!), I hadn't thought about that aspect of it before. That's interesting.
It just keeps seeming to be true... ya never know what those silly Muppets are gonna say, think, or do next! :crazy: :wink:

And yaaaaayyy for us almost being to our 1300th post!!