Pet Peeves

tiggie0686

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
when people spell my name without an H.....grrrrr......
NOBODY ever thinks to spell the name Sara without an H unless you tell them. Nobody.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
that's funny...everyone spells it without the H here! except me, of course! :wink:

Beebers

Reaction score
Peeves

To me, the worst is a poor listener. Clear communication is everything in this world. If we listen poorly we can't learn, understand or truly know our friends, loved ones, nature, the world. We can't fully develop compassion. It's one of the many little tears in the fabric of society, that we don't bother to get outside ourselves for ten seconds and really listen. That's my pet peeve.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cigarette smokers, drunks, druggies, mean people, problems, the cost of everything it takes to live, and other people's loud music.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Excessive news, either on TV or radio. Especially if we're eating or trying to talk in the car. I can't take much news anyway - it's all so depressing. :frown:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Beebers said:
To me, the worst is a poor listener. Clear communication is everything in this world. If we listen poorly we can't learn, understand or truly know our friends, loved ones, nature, the world. We can't fully develop compassion. It's one of the many little tears in the fabric of society, that we don't bother to get outside ourselves for ten seconds and really listen. That's my pet peeve.
Very true. "The Sound of Silence" is probably the song I quote the most, especially in school papers, for that very reason.
Erin

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
I can't stand people talking about extremely personal stuff in public places. The woman in line in front of me at the bank the other day was giving an extremely (and loud) detailed play-by-play of her breakup with her boyfriend. I really didn't feel like I should be hearing it.
And stupid people- there is no excuse for stupidity. :attitude:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
The word "barbecue" when people spell it "barbeque." Why is there a q in it? There should only be a q if you are writing Bar-B-Q or BBQ, since Q sounds like "cue." "Barbeque" just isn't a word!

:eek: