Pet Peeves

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sort of in the same vein as the TLDR thing I mentioned a while back in this thread, but like when you leave somebody feedback on something they did (fan art, a fanfic, a video upload, whatever), and if your feedback is more than just saying, "Nice job!" Or, "Good work!" Or, "Well done!" they respond by complaining about you writing feedback on what they did . . . like, really? Somebody's taking the time to comment on something you did, don't you want to at least know what they have to say about it?

Or, is it really honestly just me? Because I seriously wish I got more insightful feedback on my work aside from these simple short, one-sentence comments - not because I need an ego boost or anything, but just so I can gauge the kind of responses I'm getting, what people liked or didn't like, what worked or didn't work, so I can have a better idea of what I can keep putting out for people to want to see and enjoy. I get people don't want to "write an essay," and that's cool and all, but what's wrong with feedback that goes beyond just a short one-sentence comment like what I mentioned above?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Some people just can’t handle criticism unfortunately. The most I give is stuff like “ooooh, this looks great! Nice job!” if I really like the drawing or whatever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not even talking about criticism, I mean just leaving feedback in general.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Breaking in new pillows - they're always so big and bulky when you first get them, it takes a while to really get them to flatten down a little to where you can sleep with your head on them comfortably and not feel like your head is propped up on a boulder.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Two words.

Selective

Hearing

Like, when you just hear what you want to hear, you’re not actually listening to what the person is trying to tell you. You’re just choosing specific words or phrases to get you interested or to match your own biases. And there are members on this very forum that just easily fall into that category

Any Del

Reaction score
Two words.

Selective

Hearing

Like, when you just hear what you want to hear, you’re not actually listening to what the person is trying to tell you. You’re just choosing specific words or phrases to get you interested or to match your own biases. And there are members on this very forum that just easily fall into that category
Dude, YES!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Regarding narcism, I have to thank @Any Del for inspiring me to study it myself (since I know he's done the same), and honestly I've gotten more good and being able to spot it. Also speaking from experience with some narcissists I have personally dealt with in my life who have a victimhood mentality and think so highly of themselves, also ones who are just so good at being manipulative and making you feel worthless over their own insecurities.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m lucky I only met one person like that, but even she was one too many.
Her personality was pure poison. Yes, they know how to manipulate you. They’ll butter you up with all these things you’d like to hear, and at some point turn on you and destroy you.
I won’t give names, but this person wanted to create her own kiddie show. Puppets would be there. Somehow she got in contact with me, and sight unseen, determined I was going to be “The Next Caroll Spinney”.

It never came to pass, I never did arrive in the puppet world (although Snowthy and I did submit our bits to Matt Vogel. It was still fun, nothing more, nothing less).
If it was up to me, instead of being the Next Caroll Spinney, I’d rather be The First Me.

Meanwhile, details leaked out about the narcissist’s production not going too well. People she hired were being fired for being such horrible racist evil cretins.
Narcissistic people also have a hard time with the truth. But LOVE being the victim. “I had to kill this person! Look how mean they were to me!”
Narcissistic people also try to emotionally blackmail you. This person tried to insinuate I was having an affair with my best friend behind my wife’s back.
My wife and my best friend talk to each other quite a bit, and nobody is hiding any secrets.
So I called out said person, said I had it with your lies, good bye, good riddance.
Very few things make me as mad as being lied to. Or lied about.