Pet Peeves

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
When my laptop freezes out of nowhere. This happened to me yesterday and last week as well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
When people hold grudges against you over something silly.

And you know what’s even more frustrating? When you go out of your way to apologize and make up for it to show you learned from your mistake, but they still feel self-entitled over it and refuse to give you another chance.

If it’s happened multiple times then that’s totally understandable. But one instance is where it really hurts you when you aren’t given a second chance.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I mean, I know I made a tasteless and uncalled for comment years ago on something Ryan/Prawnie posted on Facebook, and he immediately unfriended and blocked me because of it. It was totally something stupid on my part, and was something I did without thinking about it first because of a personal problem that had me bitter and angry. I immediately made attempts to reach out to him, explain what happened, and apologize for what I said, but he never acknowledge those attempts, nor has he ever contacted me again since then.

And what hurts is because it's totally my fault, and I tried to fix it, but apparently it's beyond repair . . . I mean, we were really good friends way back when, and he was one of the reasons why MC was such a thriving community back in the day. I hate to think all those years of friendship can't be mended.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
as someone who stops talking to people for petty reasons, it's because i've been burned time after time for giving people second chances. I've gotten to the point where i just...don't trust people...even close friends have betrayed me and I guess it's just turned me into a bitter old lady who's very fast to cut people off out of fear of constantly being hurt

just giving some perspective on why some people are like that

Any Del

Reaction score
@Sgt Floyd Exactly all this! Those scars haunt you for life. That's why I remained introvert and people wonder why I'm so quiet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
as someone who stops talking to people for petty reasons, it's because i've been burned time after time for giving people second chances. I've gotten to the point where i just...don't trust people...even close friends have betrayed me and I guess it's just turned me into a bitter old lady who's very fast to cut people off out of fear of constantly being hurt

just giving some perspective on why some people are like that
I'm all for giving people a second chance, but if I see they're not going to change, and they remain toxic, then yes, I'll cut ties with them. But, I mean, some people can change . . . if they really want to.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, if I can tell they're really trying to fix their mistakes and come say it to me sincerely, I'll give them another chance. But if they blow it a second time then that's where I've just had enough.

Trust me, I have pretty bad trust issues myself, but I'm also someone who's willing to start over if I really know they learned their lesson.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
some people can but sadly i keep attracting those who prove time and time again they're just plain awful people so im at the point where i just...barely trust anyone anymore :/