Pet Peeves

Any Del

Reaction score
No, don't hit the nail right there. Once about ten years ago I tried wearing Crocs ( one of the biggest mistakes of my life), broke a toenail, got a blister, led to an infection that almost lost a toe. I hope it never happens to anyone here, foot infections are the most vile, foul-smelling things ever. Two weeks of antibiotics, changing bandages daily for the infection to heal. You want nasty? Here ya go.
Oooooooo.... Well as least you've recovered from that. Anytime I see Crocs, I'll remember this.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Whenever you swipe your MetroCard multiple times and the turnstile says "Swipe Again". And for the final swipe it says "Insufficient Fare" or "Just Used".
Yeah, when we were in Chicago figuring out how to use those things was a real pain.

This is something else that bothers me, probably more than it should: When people refer to a TV show by the name of one of it's characters. Like how some people just refer to Sesame Street as "Elmo" or "Big Bird".

Any Del

Reaction score
^^^^^
Yes! Its called "Sesame Street" for christ sakes. Whenever I watch it my parents like to refer it as "Elmo". (Because I love Elmo)

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yeah, when we were in Chicago figuring out how to use those things was a real pain.

This is something else that bothers me, probably more than it should: When people refer to a TV show by the name of one of it's characters. Like how some people just refer to Sesame Street as "Elmo" or "Big Bird".
They also do that with Looney Tunes - they call the show "Bugs Bunny". But honestly there are people that do that with every show.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, ****.

Crow T Robot is my favorite character in Mst3k. Might as well call it Crow.

Ezekiel is my favorite character in the Total Drama series. Guess I'll call the show Ezekiel.

Daryl, like a bunch of other Walking Dead fans I know, has been my favorite next to Glenn before Negan killed him. Should the Walking Dead be called Daryl?

I guess maybe i'll start calling the Muppet Show Kermit.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Whenever you swipe your MetroCard multiple times and the turnstile says "Swipe Again". And for the final swipe it says "Insufficient Fare" or "Just Used".
The MetroCard will be phased out in a couple years. Instead you'll have to go to a kiosk, load up a debit card, and swipe that. Whether this streamlines anything, time will tell.

This belongs in the "Am I The Only One" thread, but am I the only one who still remembers using tokens to get through the turnstile? Or cash?

Call me the Token White Guy. 8)

Any Del

Reaction score
The MetroCard will be phased out in a couple years. Instead you'll have to go to a kiosk, load up a debit card, and swipe that. Whether this streamlines anything, time will tell.

This belongs in the "Am I The Only One" thread, but am I the only one who still remembers using tokens to get through the turnstile? Or cash?

Call me the Token White Guy. 8)
Years ago my mother and father told that they had to use tokens to use buses and subways. I don't know which year people started using MetroCards but maybe its time to change them.