People complaining about Matt Vogel replacing Steve Whitmire as Kermit the Frog

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I think people are going to be particularly critical when it comes to whoever performs Kermit because he's the heart and soul of the Muppets, much like Mickey Mouse is to Disney, and as such, there's probably a greater sense of responsibility in regards to preserving the integrity of the character - those are some pretty big shoes to fill. It's not just Matt, but let's not forget that one time Artie Esposito performed Kermit for "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart," people were absolutely losing their $#!+ over that.
Oh yes, I remember that.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I mean, that does actually concern me too, not just regarding Kermit and Big Bird, but let us also not forget that Matt does a majority of Jerry's characters these days as well: Count, Floyd, Uncle Deadly. . . .

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall it being brought up on this forum once that each of the performers can contractually only perform up to six major characters.
When Matt became Kermit, he recommended Peter Linz to be Robin, but kept playing everyone else. I don't think we have to worry. Still as JD Hansel said, "He really does do a lot of performing and directing, that I don't know how he manages to stay so energetic when he's doing something like Below the Frame."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy, do I miss the virtual version of BTF on Facebook, those were always so much fun to watch and participate in. I still remember Carmen answering my question as to why Rosita had eventually lost her wings (and her even blowing me a kiss after answering my question), and later Peter confirming that it was a real fire hydrant, not a prop, that came close to smashing his head.