PBS Kids was influential

crackmaster

Reaction score
I think it's because of a lot of the jokes on the show were geared more towards parents. I remember both my mom and dad absolutely loving the show, even more than I did when I was little. Now that I'm older I understand the humor a lot more and can appreciate it for the clever writing.

A perfect example of that is the Silent E sketch which I remember liking as a kid, but now as an adult I think the part where he says,

"You have the right to remain silent!" is so much funnier now that I get the wordplay there. Such a brilliant pun would have quite understandably flown right over my head back when I was in their target demographic.
I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THAT SILENT E SKETCH I LOVED IT AS A KID

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Flaky, you’re gonna hate me for this, but I think the Silent E sketch was what scared me away from the show in the first place.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I always loved the silent E cartoons..... and how the police officer was just such an easy pushover. 😂

crackmaster

Reaction score
I remember looking desperately for the Silent E sketch from BtL on YouTube as a kid, and winding up with the old Electric Company one.

Now, who'd win... Spider-Man, Morgan Freeman, Rita Moreno, Bill Cosby, and Skip Hinnant... or JACK FROGGIN' BOWSER?! I'm literally crafting an entire lore round him (which parodies 24), similar to how I parodied DC Comics for the Bill the Bat lore.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I grew up on:
Sesame Street
The Puzzle Place
Shining Time Station
Thomas & Friends
Arthur
Bill Nye the Science Guy
Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood ( I much prefer him over Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood)