Palisades style Mini Muppet project update thread

MWoO

Reaction score
I decided to create a new thread for this project as it will include multiple pieces over time.

Today I have a fully painted test sample of an almost complete figure. I set up a paint station last night and want to see what some airbrushing and dry brushing would do. I am also considering doing a dark wash on the fur, but right now it's just a base coat with a dry brush. The tie's spots got a bit smudged, so I will be reworking how I do those a bit.

Still missing is the part of his tie he will use to dab the sweat off his brow, his hat which will be in his hand and is being sculpted at the moment, and a small square base that will look like wooden floor boards to match the style of bases used in the last mini muppet line. The next picture I post should have all those elements added.

I hope you all like the painted sample! I am using a different casting method and can now turn out 5 to 10 castings a day so I will be casting more pieces on my next day off and then paint them all up at once so I could have a little fozzie army by the end of the month.

Thanks to all who have supported me in this project via private message and in the other thread! I plan on a sheesh kermit next and am taking suggestions for more so please post your suggestions below.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Cool Fozzie can't wait to see it when it's finished and the other Kermit sounds cool also a suggestion for another Mini Muppet could be Rowlf

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
Awesome I know your just starting this but Ive never seen any merchandise for Bobby Benson and his baby band. loved to see what it would look like!

rowlfy662

Reaction score
That is amazing looks like rolled out of palisades. And there's an obvious suggestion Sal!! :smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
Thank you all. I like the suggestions so far. Bobby benson would be a good choice because then the basic head sculpt can be used for Wayne. At some point I want to make the lost electric mayhem set that we never got that would include Rowlf. Maybe even a piano to go with him. It's certainly on my radar.

Sal seems to be a figure of great demand and I certainly want to make him. If I did though it would be a joint full size figure and I think I figured that part out, but have to sketch up the way his joint would work. I think 3d printing can accomplish that. Of course I can only do a couple projects at a time. Maybe I will make a poll and see who people want the most.

Once I have final painted Fozzie minis I will be offering them for sale. Muppet central members will get a discount of course. I'll have more details when the project is complete which should be in 2 weeks or less if all goes well.

Dearth

Reaction score
See? I told you Sal would be a frequent request!

I found those reference pics of the Sal prototype if you're interested.

Alex

MWoO

Reaction score
Sure! Any reff material helps Do you happen to have those pics of the actual puppet you had mentioned as well? It would be much appreciated and a huge help.

I don't like making promises, but I think Ina few month it is possible sal will finally be made. I've worked out a lot of kinks that halted previous projects with the help of 3d printing and using a vacuum chamber. *crosses fingers* I really want to plan out my approach to avoid snags.

j3h

Reaction score
Your work looks fantastic!
I am very much looking forward to seeing what wou could do with Sal, especially if you make him in scale with the full sized Palisades Muppet figures.

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
That is great!!! Personally, I think if you make a muppet bunny, bean or not, you should make a Carl the big mean bunny, or Carl the big mean magician, or Carl the big mean Skeet scoot squat eater...

You-Know-Who: Anybody call???

Me: Oh no.