Out To Lunch

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back when Shout! Factory released DVDs of The Electric Company, I was a bit surprised that this special wasn't included as a bonus feature. I feel like this special probably belongs as a bonus feature on a collectible Electric Company or Sesame Street DVD.

zns

Reaction score
I know that this is an old thread, but I am once again looking to find this special. I figure that since some clips were once put on youtube a few years ago, it must be out there somewhere. It would be even more great if anyone who does have it would put it up on ebay or something. Like I said before, if anyone does have this special and is reading this, please email/pm me if possible, or post it on youtube or ebay. Thanks. Let's hope that other Henson enthusiasts can see this as well.

zns

Reaction score
Okay...... I guess it's really hopeless. I guess there's no use in trying. :frown: I don't know who else to contact or what else to do. Nobody can help.

zns

Reaction score
Does anyone besides me remember this network (ABC I think) special? Early 1970's it featured the combined casts of "Seasame Street" (Muppets only) and "The Electric Company" , along with a couple of Guest Stars. Odd sketches included Cookie Monster playing poker with Elliott Gould. I have a couple of news clippings, but never saw it shown again. Thought there might be some interest with "The Electric Company" now out on DVD. Wierd.
Do you still have those news clippings that you could post on here. I am on the hunt of trying to find this rare Sesame Street special.

Tim

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in responding. I did find the clippings, but for some reason I am not allowed to post attachments here. So, if anyone wants the image sent to them, contact me directly!

timbarnespuppeteer@mail.com

zns

Reaction score
In looking around online for the "Out to Lunch" special, I did run across this article about it from Elliott Gould's website.
http://www.elliottgould.com/archive/tvweek.html
I saw that as well. It's a very nice article. There are just so many wonderful things in that special, I just don't know how else I can manage to get a copy. I know that they were originally posted on youtube.com, but why that person took it off before I had a chance to even look at it is such a shame. I have even tried contacting Phil Chapman to see if he knows a way how I kind find a copy. I'm about ready to throw in the towel on this one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You didn't get the account or name of the Youtube poster, have you?

That's the problem with something that old. We didn't have the same VCR technology that helped the old school fan base alive to this day. That is, it wasn't as easily accessible as it was in the 80's. Now things get posted on YT all the time, and SW has thankfully had a good humor about it most of the time. Long lost skits that even they don't remember have been captured on old tapes. Even before that there was still tape trading.

I don't see what the major problem with releasing this somewhere is. I really think SW needs to consider the burn on demand service for older specials and select full episodes that they just can't get out there at retail. I'm sure there's some rights bugaboo with this special (does Shout still have the license to Electric Company? I know they released Ghostwriter sometime this year), not to mention celeb likenesses. I'd love them to release the Julie Andrews one as well in time somewhere.

As long as SW has access to it themselves, I'm sure something will turn up.