Other songs that I've heard recordings of but never seen...

magusdude

Reaction score
These are some songs that I've heard on record/tape/somewhere but never actually seen the live sketches of. If anyone has any info on them (do they even exist as live sketches or just recordings?) or even has them on Youtube or something, any help would be greatly appreciated.

One and One Make Two - Ernie and Bert (NOT the one with Cookie and Grover and a host of others)
Kin Folk - Ernie, Bert and Oscar
Let's Sing a Song that Everybody Knows - Ernie and Bert
Do You Like Me? - Ernie and Bert
Up Goes the Castle - Ernie
Believe In Yourself - Gordon, Susan, and Bob
Oscar's Melody (Low, Middle, High) - Oscar and a host of others, including Big Bird, Grover, and Sherlock Hemlock
Eight Beautiful Notes - The Count
The People in your Neighborhood - Bob, a Mailman and a Firefighter (I've seen various versions but not this particular one)
Feelin' Good, Feelin' Bad - Ernie and Bert
Circles - Herry Monster and Cookie Monster
Naptime - Bert and Ernie
I've Got Two - Bob, Susan, Gordon, Mr. Hooper, Big Bird, and Oscar
Cookie Disco - Cookie Monster and some women
Tu Me Gustas (I Like You) - Maria and a little boy
I Get a Nice Feeling - Bob
Sign, You're a Friend of Mine - Big Bird and "The Lost Generation"
The Count's Lulliby - The Count
Four - Little Jerry and the Monotones
Next to You - Big Bird
Tall Enough - Big Bird

There are other's too, I'm thinking of more. Also, see my "Alphabet Album" topic.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Hi - That's a good list of great old-school songs! Here are the ones that I remember were also shown "live" on the show:

Do you like me? - Ernie wakes Bert up in the middle of the night to ask him the question. After the song, Ernie wakes Bert up again to say, "I like you too, Bert."

Eight Beautiful Notes - Sung by the Count as he played his pipe organ (same set, I think, as for the "Batty Bat" song

Feelin' Good, Feelin' Bad - E&B sing it in their apartment

Circles - Sung by Cookie and "Blue Nose" Herry Monster (is this in one of the Unpaved episodes?)

Cookie Disco - Sung by a very disco-dress-style Cookie Monster. He eats the audio equipment at the end. This is in one of the Unpaved episodes, but I don't know which one. Anybody know?

I Get a nice feeling - A nice song that I recall was sung live by Bob during one of the street scenes.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Another song I love but never remember seeing on the show is "Clink Clank" by Ernie and Bert. I'd love to actually see them performing that one.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Here's one I've heard but never seen on the show

"With Every Beat Of My Heart" by Little Jerry and the Monotones.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Son of Enik said:
Another song I love but never remember seeing on the show is "Clink Clank" by Ernie and Bert. I'd love to actually see them performing that one.
I never saw it on Sesame Street either, BUT Ernie and Bert actually did perform a short version of this song on "The Flip Wilson Show!" You may want to keep your eye on the TVLand schedule in case they show this one again.

wiley207

Reaction score
I've never seen the "Just Because" skit for the letter Y, but I heard the audio. Who IS that little girl that's with Grover? I doubt that it's Prairie Dawn, and I doubt it's that Lavender Anything Muppet girl from "The Question Song," but the girl here is voiced by Fran Brill. I'm sure she's an Anything Muppet, but I don't know what she looks like.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Circles song is included in Old School Vol. 1, in episode 131.

magusdude

Reaction score
Here are a few more:

The Drawing Song - Ernie and two others (Prarie Dawn and Farley, maybe?)
High, Middle and Low - Ernie, Bert and Herbert Birdsfoot
Me Got to be Blue - Cookie Monster
Pat Pat Patty Pat - Bert and others
Y'all Fall Down - Big Bird and others
32 Cracks in the Sidewalk - Grover
9 Little Steps - Grover and Ernie
I Want to Hold Your Ear - Bert
The Opposite Song - Chris (without the Alphabeats)
Has Anybody Seen My Dog - Grover and Marty
The Happiest Street in the World - Big Bird and some females
C is for Cookie, alternate version - Cookie Monster at the piano, with Ernie at the beginning
Ernie Presents the letter A (also for Q and U) - Ernie and Cookie Monster

Even more to come!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well,I figured out that "With Every Beat Of My Heart" was only an mp3.And yeah,it stinks.If they did do a music video for that song,I'd like to see what Little Jerry's girlfriend looks like lol.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
*I Wanna Hold Your Ear-was covered on the show, but not by Bert. It had an anything Muppet woman who at the end became attracted to a tablecloth (after being serenaded by someone who was attracted to her but didn't feel the same way).

*Ernie presents...-I only know that A and U have existed

*I've Got Two-was sung by Susan and Bob, and was around 1969-70 (see Old School Vol. 1)