Oscar's smell

Beauregard

Reaction score
Who vowed to go without a shower...I think that was Byron! Actually! So I see your point and raise you a Byron! Who looses! You do! Oh, well, actually, I did vow to not use soap...while I did de rubber duck...and engaged in a war.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
War? WAR? We're all in a war, man! A war with ourselves! We've got to FIGHT to stay alive, man! Every day! ZAH!

Beauregard

Reaction score
You fight...I'll go shower.

*pulls curtains to shower in style of MFS to discover Fozzie in a raincoat and ten harmonising penguins*

To the battle, pon fritt! After you, sir...

Beakerfan

Reaction score
You know? It's never really occurred to me that Oscar would smell.... XD I think he would probably smell like a mixture of wet dog, sweat, rotting baloney, and moldy pizza........

Wiseman

Reaction score
Hmmm, Oscar smells. Well he lives in a garbage can that also houses elephants, goats, pigs and various other animals, so he probably smells like a combination of old garbage, stinky sweatsocks, and rotting banana peels. However, no smell no matter how bad can match that of The Bog of Eternal Stench fron Labyrinth:grouchy:. Now we need a smiley with a labyrinth character on it

Keeermit

Reaction score
Well the real puppet does indeed smell of 40 years of sweat, Oscar is the only original puppet from the show - he hasnt been replaced - Caroll likes the old matted look and how his mouth has become slightly twisted. So he really is a smelly old grouch :grouchy:

StreetScenes

Reaction score
hmmm....it would probably be something that started off sounding ok, to make maria go "oh, that's nice oscar!" but then there'd be a twist to make it grouchy and turn it into a one-liner. i mean, if you think about the other preferences of the grouch...he likes to eat spinach ice cream with chicken and sardines. he listens to a piano...as long as it's out of tune. he's happy he got a portable tv for christmas...because it broke during shipping. and he's ok being green because green can be moldy-like and sour like a pickle.

one time the kid i used to babysit played a game where she made fortress of pillows to keep me prisoner and pretended to feed me the most yucky things she could think of--licorice and dirty socks. maybe that's what oscar smells like.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
*BUMP*

I bet Oscar smells approximately like a mixture of:
- gym socks
- dirty diapers
- moldy cheese
- bellybutton lint
- toenail clippings
- wet dog
- armpit sweat
- rotten eggs
- spoiled milk
- and skunk spray.

As much as I love the grouchy fella, I'm sher he SHTINKS!!

JLG

Reaction score
Actually, one thing I like about the writing in the olden times is that it never (as far as I've ever seen) went there. Not about him OR his living quarters. Because that kind of thing is just so...easy. Predictable. Cheap, even.

Nowadays it comes up from time to time, which just makes me roll my eyes. It's like, "Sure, go for the low-hanging fruit. How creative."

Anyway, I've always imagined that, if anything, what would cling to him would be more like mold than anything else. Because of how he looks----like a walking pile of moss**. Just a general dampness would probably surround him. I'm sure that among the many words that could accurately describe his home, one would definitely be "moist." =)

(**Although Forgetful Jones' description of him as "that fella that looks like green shredded wheat" was epic.)