Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
COOL! He kinda looks like Beaker or a Biker Wembly with a blue nose.

I love the fact that you can create your own Muppet with these cool Whatnot characters!
I have a whole backstory for Toadie and his relationship with the Electric Mayhem. I'm thinking he's either related to Janice or Zoot. Maybe even Dr. Teeth. :wink:

Telly said:
I wish they had more color options for the hair.
I think that's the main area where these posers fall short. I would like to see blue and purple hair options and maybe even a body-type with fur. That should expand the options a bit. I also think that maybe a small packet with stuff like moustaches, eyebrows and some type of prop would help distinguish these whatnots into more personal pieces. I really do think they sould make a premium option rather than this gift kit. I would pay 130 bucks for a more expansive whatnot.

It is my feeling that this is a limited time deal. I could be wrong, but I decided not to wait on this. I only waited for their blonde boa hair stock to be replenished. The ostrich feather hair was a must for me.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
There's a video clip with Kermit explaning about the Whatnots.

muppetguy

Reaction score
I have to say....

I'm not so sure it's a one time deal, frogboy. I'll explain why. When I was at the FAO store yesterday, I asked the people how they were doing with the whatnots and their reply was that they was so surprised on how many people have been buying them. The girl that was helping me told me that the first hour they were opened on opening day, they sold 15 muppet whatnots. I think that's pretty good. When I went it was around 5:30 ish and they had already had seven ready to go, there is a section where they put the ones being sold. They were working on three others when mine was done.

Another thing I noticed was that there were alot of adults buying these. I don't want to assume that they weren't for children, but u could just tell they knew what muppets were...ya know?

They also were selling all the 3 seasons of the muppet show, all the movies, pepe's book, I'm not sure if I'm leaving anything out.

There are two tv screens where THE muppets are on explaining things. Pictures of Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rizzo, etc, are mounted on the wall, kinda like celebrity photos but individualized in writing as to thanking the whatnots for being there.

It was a nice experience. If anyone can go, I recomend it.

That's also another reason I didn't want to buy another one. I want a girl whatnot, but by the rate these guys are selling, I would assume eventually there will be adding newer options and all. I mean, the online store has been selling out many hair peices too.

As far as the size for adults, my hands at first was a bit snug, but after awhile of playing with it, your hand kinda molds to it. That's my experience. I guess it's kinda like breaking in new shoes...LOL:wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's a good point. Well I will wait on a second one, but I think there are enough options for people here to invest in a first whatnot. Much investment was made for this product so it should be around a while. FAO used to be the one store to always seasonally stock Kermit plushes for Christmas and I remember they carried the Igel line of Muppets too before most anyone else.

I wonder how long the licensing agreement is for this? I think this should be a permanent, year-round installation and they could change up some of the materials from time to time.

muppetguy

Reaction score
yup!

Totally on point with you there, Frogboy. It looks to be Very promising! YAY! Go Muppets!:smile:

Davina

Reaction score
we're waiting at the moment to see if my step daughters would be interested in one of these.. if so, we'd let them pick out their options... they'll be here for thanksgiving, so we have just a bit of a wait left... *sigh*

ploobis

Reaction score
I just ordered my Whatnot puppet today! :smile:

I can't wait to get him in the mail!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
My sey of whatnots arrived today here is a short vid i made of them~
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lSqBDbhCJec
Adorable video, Lab Rat! I had a lot of fun watching it :smile:

I certainly hope popularity will make them consider adding more options. The more there is to choose from, the better the chance that your puppet will feel a bit more personalized. I mean, there are only so many things you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.