Opinions: The end of the Muppet line

vans

Reaction score
I saw some new released playsets compatible with the Palisades Muppets toys.

This Hannah Montana playset has amazing stuff like those guitars & piano that would be perfect for Janice, Dr. Teeth and the gang. If you're into dioramas, this would be perfect for Muppet figures.

SweetumsRules

Reaction score
1. who are your top five favorite/ least favorite figures?
favorites: 1) SWEETUMS! 2) dr. teeth variant 3) chef with banditos 4) uncle deadly 5) floyd pepper

least: 1) johnny fiama 2) clifford 3) vacation fozzie 4) vacation pepe

2. were any figures better/ worse than you expected?
miss piggy was disappointing.

3. which mega was your favorite/ least favorite?
SWEETUMS was great. Animal was lacking.

4. what exclusives were your favorite/ least favorite?
Favorite: chef with banditos, super beaker, uncle deadly variants, steppin out beaker & bunsen
Least: Cabin boy rizzo & gonzo

5. what minis are your favorite/ least favorite?
favorite: blown-up beaker (wish I had it!)
least: miss piggy

6. what is your favorite/ least favorite playset?
favorite: BACKSTAGE! (want it want it!)
least: Muppet Labs

7. what give-away was your favorite/ least favorite?
favorites: the vanishing cream and invisible beaker

8. do you own every Muppets release from palisades?
Almost. so close. some are so not affordable =(

9. do you own every package variations?
no way, Im not rich.

10. what is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) that you would have liked to have been included in the line?
Happiness Hotel playset! and more muppet monsters

11. What is your favorite/ least favorite repaint?
favorites: DR. TEETH! uncle deady variants
least: rizzo the rat

12. what are your favorite non-pack-in accessories?
dunno

13. what is your favorite pack-in figure?
lobster banditos!

14. who are four characters you wish we could have gotten?
muppet hippies, more muppet monsters, regular size sweetums

15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting?
baby kermit & piggy, gobo fraggle

16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten?
mahna mahna, dr. teeth 2, robobuster beaker, vacation swedish chef, mega vanishing cream beaker

17. if you could change one thing about the line, what would it be?
nothing. one of the best toy-lines, hands down. :big_grin:

lemonfreshviper

Reaction score
Favorite:
S5 Gonzo: Perfect version of a beloved character
the Muppet Newsman: He looked great and had amazing accessories that helped him really stand on his own
Sam: Hilarious and inventive accessories as well as a spectacular sculpt
Pops: A great figure of a character I didn't think they'd get around to when they did
Fozzie: A truly amazing sculpt which showed us all just how much Palisades cared about these characters early on

Least Favorite:
Frog Scout Robin (hated having a variant before a regular version)
Usher Scooter: No accessories from the movie, and I found the popcorn machine kind of blah; the weird paint kind of bugged me too
Captain Smollet: Not a bad figure by any means but the proliferation of him in TRU is what most likely caused Series 9 to be impossible to find anywhere but online
Dr. Van Neuter: His gloves were really tacky and gross plus his paint cracked on them. Just not satisfied with the QC on this figure

-Zoot was a lot more fun then I expected him to be and had great articulation. Steppin' out Fozzie surprised me when I got him because of how much everyone hates him. Johnny Fiama blew me away with his pose and expression; a really dynamic figure in my mind.
-S2 Gonzo disappointed me so much that I lost and never replaced him. Marvin Suggs as he doesn't really have places to go and had a few QC problems.

Sweetums is a definate favorite though the first one I bought had his leg break off once I opened him. Never really liked Mega Animal simply because he was everywhere forever and continued the trend of 'giant version of small figure' as opposed to 'figure of larger character'.

The Jim Henson muppet is easily my favorite. Super Beaker for a least favorite due to his weird issues with paint and balancing.
5. what minis are your favorite/ least favorit e?
Gonzo with the balloons! One of my favorite muppet moments
Also the Xmas carol ones because they're pretty much the only merchandise for it.

Favorites would start with the swinetrek, since it matched the show so closely and had so much interactivity. They'd end with the Swedish kitchen since it had so much stuff while giving so many characters a place to hang out (Beauregard and Lew are in mine with Chef). Least favorites would begin with the Electric mayhem stage because when you get down to brass tacks, it's just a giant drum kit. That and Animal broke the first time so I had to replace him. It'd end, sadly with the Backstage playset. Mine came with no stage lights and the phonograph was broken; it came from ebay so there wasn't really a way to fix that...

I never got any giveaway but the duckie totally makes me want the Fozzie.

All of the basic figures excluding classic Chef and Lips but I'm far from having everything they did

Nope; that's a rich man's game!

10. what is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) that you would have liked to have been included in the line?
Tinkerdee characters because I love King Goshposh! More rationally though, I wish the Jim Henson hour was in there just for variety and the chance to give us a few new characters (not Digit though; he scared me when I was little)

11. What is your favorite/ least favorite repaint?
I don't have him but checkered Gonzo looks awesome! Least favorite would probably be Brown Lips because he confused me forever about which was the normal version of him.

Not sure what this means. Not a signature item for the characters? I do love the Newsman's desk and Kermit's camera. Lew's fish bucket's cool too.

The lobster Banditos!

1.) Sal Manilla so Johnny wouldn't look so lonely... 2.) Louis Kazagger to help out the Newsman 3.) Bean because he'd round out the 'necessary' muppets 4.) Bobo because he's so memorable
though he does bring up questions about him and Fozzie both being bears but looking totally different...

15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting?
Probably Sal the most along with Bobo and Bean. I was excited for Gobo but there was no certainty the other fraggles would be made...

16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one do you wish we could have gotten?
Sal and Bean just because theywould pretty much left no loose ends that way

That Disney would have woken up and been so impressed with what Palisades was doing that they would have bought the whole company and used them to create not only new Muppet figures but also figures of their own characters with the same high degree of craftsmanship.

ohtherain

Reaction score
My turn...

Favorites: Gonzo and Camilla, Kermit, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Swedish Chef

Least favorites: Pepe (his eyes), Stepping Out Fozzie (something about him), Miss Piggy (disturbingly ugly), Culinary Catastrophe Swedish Chef (colors no one has seen him in ever before), Vaudeville Waldorf and Statler (no Muppet texture)

2. were any figures better/ worse than you expected? Miss Piggy with Pigs in Space, Janice, Muppet Newsman

Worse was Stepping Out Fozzie, Daredevil Gonzo, Pepe

3. which mega was your favorite/ least favorite? Gonzo was the best and Beaker was the worst.

4. what exclusives were your favorite/ least favorite? Rainbow Connection Kermit, Vacation Fozzie and Pepe, and most of all the Gonzo Collectors' Club starter set. Least favorites were probably Vaudeville Waldorf and Statler.

5. what minis are your favorite/ least favorite? I don't have minis but my favorite is Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and my least favorite is Sam the Eagle

6. what is your favorite/ least favorite playset? My favorite was The Electric Mayhem playset. My least favorite was Muppet Labs

7. what give-away was your favorite/ least favorite? Favorite is Super Grover. Least favorite was Vanishing Cream Beaker.

8. do you own every Muppets release from palisades? Not even close - I have 12

9. do you own every package variations? No.

10. what is one muppet production (not in palisades contract) Fraggle Rock characters - Gobo, Red, Boober, Doozers, Uncle Traveling Matt, etc.!

11. what is your favorite/ least favorite repaint? Johnny Fiama had some of the best but I was not pleased with Marvin Suggs' at all.

12. what are your favorite non-pack-in accessories? Statler and Waldorf's chairs and the Muppephones

13. what is your favorite pack-in figure? I'd have to go with Camilla.

1. Sal Minella
2. Robin the Frog (normal)
3. Annie Sue Pig
4. Nigel (Muppet Show)

15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting? Sal Minella

16. of the officially unannounced-for-release figures, which one
Mahna Mahna

I wish that there were more characters, such as Scooter, in the Stepping Out line. Maybe even a tuxedoed Miss Piggy. Also they should have made one or two more playsets than they did.

MuppetVision

Reaction score
Top 5 no order, this is hard to do:
Dr. Teeth
Beaker
Zoot (I'm not a fan of the character regularly, but i love the figure)
Lew Zealand
Pops (Well made)

(I also enjoyed The News Man.)

Bottom 5 No Order:
News Reporter Kermit
Police Man Fozzie
Usher Scooter
Pepe
Kermit (Muppet Treasure Island)

Zoot was far better then I thought, since I didn't care for the character that much, but love the Electric Mayhem, and also wanted to get one figure of each different Muppet, I bought him and was surprised.
Tux Rolwf was a little worse, only because he's hard to move, but I still like him.

Never bought any.

Sweetums....I love him, but I can't bring myself to open the box yet.

Never bought any.

I love all the playsets. Animal's might be my least favorite, only because it's not as detailed as the the others, but it completes the EM so I like it. Prob. Muppet Labs or Swine Trek were my favorites. But they were all sweet, I never got the back stage though :frown:

Give-aways?

Heck no, if you mean every variation that is. If not, I think I own, out of the normal sized ones, almost all the different characters except for Lips.

No. But i have a few.

Did they get Muppet Babies? Cause that's my answer. A Skeeter would of been sweet, also having Nanny....although I don't know how well a pair of legs would have sold.

11. wat is your favorite/ least favorite repaint?
I like the Uncle Deadly Repaint, it's the only one I have. Also the Dr. Teeth one was sweet, but I never got it.

Not sure.

The lobster, def.

Andy, Randy, Bobo, and Gorgan Heap

2005 the series 10? Then I would say either the Fraggle or Baby Piggy.

Andy and Randy Pig, The New Dr. Teeth, Baby Rowlf, and Mulch.

Less Kermit's and more random characters. I realize the random ones would not sell as good, but still, they should of waited to do so many Kermits so soon, and all the others they did doubles of like Scooter, Same the Eagle, Swedish Chef, etc. Also a normal looking Piggy would of been sweet.

crowguitar

Reaction score
I cant say theres any Muppets I DONT like... I love em all, thats why I got them. :wink:

Bellygrub

Reaction score
Since I'm mostly new here and didn't get to play in this pool originally I think I'll stir up the water a bit so it doesn't get stagnant. :smile:

Top Five: Sweedish Chef, Adventure Kermit, Beaker, Purple Suit Gonzo, Bunsen
Least Favorite: Fozzie. I never like the pose or the likeness. It just seems off to me for some reason. :embarrassed: Series one Piggy. Those are really the only figures I wasn't fond of.

2. Were any figures better/ worse than you expected?
The Swedish Chef is an incredible figure. I pick him up from time to time just to marvel at how detailed he is. Toss him in the kitchen and it's just mind boggling. It's like he's leaping off the screen right onto my bookcase.

Super Beakers tiny legs and potential leg drooping probably make him worse then I expected. Other then that he's a fantastic figure.

3. Which mega was your favorite/ least favorite?
I didn't collect any of the Megas. I do however want to pick up Sweetums eventually so we'll go with him as favorite.

Favorite exclusive is definately Adventure Kermit.

I didn't pick up any of the minis. I'd probably go with the Chef though.

Favorite is the Swedish Kitchen. Such a fantastic toy. Even the Mrs can't walk by my display without stopping to marvel at all the little details.
Least favorite is Backstage but only because I'll likely never own one! :stick_out_tongue:

I don't really have any opinion on the give aways.

Not even close and I know I never will. During the initial run I just picked up a few figures here and there of my favorite characters. Now I'm going back and double dipping on some while filling in holes with what I consider to be essential for my collection.

See numbah eight.

I would have loved to see MWoO. Real WoO is one of my favorite movies so it'd have been fun to have Muppified versions of the characters. I know there was a sculpt for Scarecrow Kermit...what could have been

I don't like the Floyd with the blue jacket.

I love every accessory that's come with the line.

I really like the little Frog Scout that comes with Kermit. Polly Lobster is a close second.

It really irks me that I don't have a Squire Trelawney. I also would have liked to see Clueless Morgan or Mad Monty. Really wished the MTI line could have been fleshed out more/finished.

Bobo would round out the fourth.

Dr. Bob just so I could get another shot at a Rowlf.

Squire Trelawney. I also liked the sound of Reporter Gonzo.

Not much. Maybe less exclusives, like the two Vacation Pepe's . I would definately change Fozzie's sculpt.

j3h

Reaction score
  1. Uncle Deadly
  2. Gonzo from series 5
  3. Shifty eyed Sam the Eagle
  4. Janice
  5. Zoot
Least Favs: (don't get me wrong, the line as a whole is great, and even the figures below are good. I'm nit-picking where I feel they could use some tweaking)
  1. Piggy:mad: the series 1 short hair and the EB long hair don't do the diva justice.
  2. Bunsen:confused: ...only because the figure is greener than I feel he should be
  3. Rowlf:sympathy: sorry, but naked Rowlf is a little bit of a letdown...a better neck and ball joined ears would have been a huge improvement
  4. Series 2 Gonzo...but the later Gonzo's more than make up for him
2. Were any figures better/ worse than you expected?

pretty much the same answers as above

3. Which mega was your favorite/ least favorite?
I only own Sweetums

I like the exclusives that got characters out there that wouldn't have had a shot any other way (Deadly, sweetums, penguins, etc)
For the most part, If the exclusive didn't make sense or was too far from the character's signature look or was too single scene specific, I, so far have, skipped it. (Adventure Kermit is an exception since he's too cool, there are others too.)

didn't go for the minis

backstage& Kitchen are incredible
Muppet Labs wasn't a version from the tv show...so while it's cool, it's just not Muppet Labs to me.

I don't really have an opinion on the give away figures since none of them are "must owns"

Nope, trying to get the main versions first.

I'm collecting to display them open.

In scale figures of some of the most popular guest stars

Favorite b&w Glow in the Dark Flashback Uncle Deadly...no reason for him, but man is he cool

my least favorites are the alternate colors for the band members.
I think it would have been cool (but probably not cost prohibative) to do the band member varients in their purple orchastra pit tuxes

I really did the trunk that came with frog scout Robin...more so than frog scout Robin himself

the muppet Ghost

I wish we could have gotten the theater stage playset
I would have liked some of the larger monsters
a more modern Gonzo than checkerd suit Gonzo
a signature Muppet Show Miss Piggy

Dr. Bob and the rest of the Hospital sketch cast
but more upset about not getting Sesame St Count Von Count

reporter Gonzo makes me wish for Great Muppet caper versions of the characters

its not so much as change the line, but change the retailers who passed over the line attitudes so it (and Palisades) would have lasted longer

GarlicGuy

Reaction score
Top 5: Dr. Phil, Clifford, Dr. Teeth, Crazy Harry, Johhny Fiama.
Least favorites: S1 Piggy and Captain Smollet

I always thought something was odd with Pepe.

Mega Animal was pretty cool.

The Dr. Teeth one (too bad I cant get my grubby little hands on one) :mad:

I like 'em all.

I love the EM one and I kinda hate Muppet Labs.

Super Beaker (that was a give away right?)

In my dreams.
I wish.

The Jim Henson Hour (I could just see a Digit action figure with a Waldo pack-in!)

I like Lips one but I kinda hate the GITD Uncle D.

12. what are your favorite pack-in accessories?
Johnny's Records were cool.

Gaffer.

Sal, Andy and Randy, Louis Kazagger, Bobo, Bean and the list goes on and on.
15. of the characters planned for 2005, which one are you most upset over not getting? Sal...:cry:

Not sure.

17. if you could change one thing about the line, what would it be? The Jim Henson Hour Figures.