Oldest Muppeteer?

Reaction score
I've only recently started researching Muppet history, so correct me if I'm wrong. Caroll Spinney and Jerry Nelson are around the same age (early 70's.) Are they the oldest Muppeteers? And besides Frank Oz, who I understand is now semi-retired, are there any "originals" still performing, either on SS or in other Muppet projects?

BEAR

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire
Dave Goelz
Jerry Nelson
Caroll Spinney
Fran Brill

anytimepally

Reaction score
Anything Muppet said:
I've only recently started researching Muppet history, so correct me if I'm wrong. Caroll Spinney and Jerry Nelson are around the same age (early 70's.) Are they the oldest Muppeteers?
I think you're right.. Caroll is about 7 months older than Jerry.. he'll be 73 December 26th.

MWoO

Reaction score
It all depends on how you define originals. Do you mean those who performed on the Muppet Show? Sam and Freidns? The Jim Henson years of Sesame Street? Fraggle Rock? Is it simply a matter of time out in?

Who really are the "originals" in an organization that brings in new talent all the time?

I consider anyone that worked with Jim Henson to be part of the originals. So really thats everyone except for perhaps Matt Vogel, Bill Baretta, and any of the new guys whose names I don't know.

BEAR

Reaction score
In that case, my list has expanded...

Frank Oz
Jerry Nelson
Dave Goelz
Steve Whitmire
Carrol Spinney
Fran Brill
Martin P. Robinson
Kevin Clash
David Rudman
Noel McNeal
Pam Arciero

JLG

Reaction score
Camille (forget her last name), Lisa Buckley, and Judy Sladky are gone? When did they leave? :sympathy:

travellingpat

Reaction score
"Frank Oz
Jerry Nelson
Dave Goelz
Steve Whitmire
Carrol Spinney
Fran Brill
Martin P. Robinson
Kevin Clash
David Rudman
Noel McNeal
Pam Arciero"

What order is that list supposed to be in? Oldest? Longest Muppeting Time?

BEAR

Reaction score
Travellingpat, Anything Muppet was asking what original (pre-Jim Henson's death) Muppeteers are still performing today.