Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
While I understand the impetus toward this being a Seasons 6-10 set, I'm hopeful it'll be another 1-5 set.. there are SO many clips from the first five seasons we didn't get, and I think it'd be great if they'd release 2 volumes for every five years rather than just one
I hope they put one volume out for ever five years (or at least for the first 25 seasons, as the later seasons aren't really "old school" or nostalgic...yet) and then go back and do a second round for each period (and since time keeps passing between release add a nother 5 year period at the end). So do volumes 1-5 (seasons 1-25) advancing 5 years each, and then start over again for volumes 6-11 (seasons 1-30) and then begin the cycle again for volumes 12-19 (seasons 1-35) and then restart the cycle again for volumes 20-28 (seasons 1-40) and again for volumes 29-38 (seasons 1-45)....and again for volume 39-49 (seasons 1-50)...volume 50 would be the 7th dip into the seasons 1-5 pool (but at this rate it wouldn't come out until 2056, during season 88).

Jyllian

Reaction score
that is wonderful news!

and it will be released just in time for my brothers birthday or Christmas!:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if Jim Thurman recorded introductions for the next set before he died. I think that this set should at least be dedicated to his memory, since he was so involved with the first volume. It would be great if the booklet contained a tribute, but then casual fans might wonder why he gets a tribute but not Jim Henson, Joe Raposo, Jon Stone, Jeff Moss, Will Lee, and maybe Richard Hunt, Northern Calloway, and Matt Robinson (casual fans might be jsut as likely to know who Richard Hunt is as they are Jim Thurman, and they might not even know whether Northern Calloway or Matt Robinson are alive or dead). Of course, those people could get tributes, too, but then it might seem awkward to have a Jim Thurman tribute put along with many other tributes (awkward because he just died, and the others have been dead for much longer). But if nothign else the booklet and packaging should at least say "Dedicated to the memory of Jim Thurman".

mjb1124

Reaction score
I really think they should continue with the next five years. I know that there's a lot of good material from season 1-5 that has yet to be released, but the other seasons from the '70s and '80s are just as classic IMHO, and I think it's better to keep going ahead in order to give people an idea of the evolution of the show. They can always go back and release more season 1-5 material - perhaps on iTunes.

On another note: I have to say that while I like the idea of including five complete episodes plus montages of clips, I don't think it's the best idea to use the season premieres. This is because a lot of the same segments are used from premiere to premiere - partly because up until a certain point, they were all sponsored by the number 2. Heck, aside from the street scenes, the season 4 and 5 premieres practically felt like the same episode - they even had the same opening animation. So I'd rather see them get episodes from different parts of the seasons.

But they've probably chosen the episodes already, and I'll still be happy with whatever they put out.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I just read at Muppet Wiki that Volume 2 of Sesame Street Old School will indeed be released! Nothing else is confirmed other than it's possible that it will be released anytime between August and October of this year.

This is soooooooooo cool!
I can't wait! Finally, the Sesame Street my parents grew up on! Volume 2!!!!

OLD SCHOOL:stick_out_tongue: :frown: SESAME STREET!
THE MUPPET:smile: SHOW SEASON 2!

anytimepally

Reaction score
As long as I've waited for The Muppet Show: Season 2, I think I'm still more excited about this.. although, I guess I'm even more excited about Fraggle Rock: Season 3, because, in my opinion, Fraggle Rock was the best show that was ever shown on the show show-er.. I mean, if you took He-Man & the Masters of the Universe, Fraggle Rock, and Marx Brothers' movies and smashed them together, you'd get a pretty good idea of the entertainment that dwelt in my childhood :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One great idea would be for volume 2 to include seasosn 6-10, and then volume 3 would promote seasosn 1-10, though if the number of episodes and discs don't expand, there would be at least five seasons that don't have episodes included.

Status
Not open for further replies.