Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
On Youtube

Fozzie Bear said:
I sould love to see a video containing things like Casey McPhee and the time he drove the train into Guy Smiley's studio!
Fozzie,last time I checked both of those clips were on youtube.com.At least the Casey McPhee one is,recently I haven't noticed that Guy Smiley sketch being on there.But who knows it might be.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I e-mailed Sesame Workshop to inquire about releasing vintage episodes on DVD and I got a response from someone named Kelly Serrian.

Here's what she wrote:

Thank you for your inquiry. As a matter of fact, yes, we are releasing
"classic" episodes, although this is something that will not happen
until
October '06.

In the meantime, we have a boxed set of The Electric Company in
February
'06, which you can order through Amazon.com, and there are plans for a
vol.
2 of The Electric Company.

Also, Sony Wonder is our domestic licensee for audio and home video
products. I would encourage you to visit their website
(http://www.sonywonder.com) where you can peruse titles and purchase
products. There are various (25th, 30th, and 35th) anniversary
editions
available, which feature classic clips, as well as some "best of"
titles,
which feature specific characters.

I hope that this has been helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact
us
with any further questions, comments, or concerns.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well then it looks pretty encouraging for classic SS to finally hit dvd. It'll really be exciting once we see an official news release, such as on tvshowsondvd.com. Hopefully the dvds will include a lot of things not shown on Noggin's Unpaved episodes, so as to really give us a treat to look forward to.
And what's good is that I'm sure vintage SS on dvd will sell a ton of copies, thereby making it very likely for them to release further sets.

Grover

Reaction score
I'd like to see more episodes from the first season,second season, and third season episodes in this selection.Maybe a couple of episodes from seasons 4-8. I heard on a diffrent thread right hear that Kermit once was in a storyline hopefully we'll see that. I would like to see : The Baker Films 1-10, Kermit's Lectures,Ernie and Bert, Guy Smiley (Known as Sonny friendly),Up and Down, Subway, Scary monsters, and Proffesor Hastings.

DISC -1:
Bonus Feature:
Sesame Street Pitch Pilot
SS Test Pilot.

DISC- 2:
Sesame Street : 20 and Still Counting

DISC-3:
Out to Lunch

DISC-4:
Julie on Sesame Street.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If the set includes complete episodes, then it would be good to see some episodes not shown on Noggin or at The Museum of Television and Radio (are there any '70s episodes there that were never shown on Noggin?). I never had Noggin, so even if all of the classics included were on Noggin I'd be seeing a lot of things that I haven't seen, but I also want this set to be great for those of you that have every episode shown on Noggin.

Maybe each disc could represent a season and have three episodes from that particular season, concentrating on the first four seasons, with the season premiers being the only episodes shown on Noggin. Or maybe the street scenes can be shown wihtout segments and more street stories would be available to us. Or maybe it will just have segments as part of the main program.

I wonder if this set will include anything from after 1979. I don't know what years Sesame Workshop is considering "nostalgic years".

FuzzyBlue71

Reaction score
I just got a chance to log on and see if anyone else responded... I'm so glad to see there are others that are so excited!! I only hope their idea of nostalgia arent the old skits they already run on Sesame Street and Play With Me Sesame. I'd like to be surprised with some wonderful memories.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
FuzzyBlue71 said:
I just got a chance to log on and see if anyone else responded... I'm so glad to see there are others that are so excited!! I only hope their idea of nostalgia arent the old skits they already run on Sesame Street and Play With Me Sesame. I'd like to be surprised with some wonderful memories.
I feel the same way. Bring on skits that haven't been shown on Noggin, that haven't ever been available on any home video format, and haven't been shown on Sesame Street in the last ten years (or more). Bring on Roosevelt Franklin, Guy Smiley, Biff, Sully, and Proffessor Hastings.

BillKal

Reaction score
They even give mention to a "Classic SS Box set" on the tvshowsondvd website.

Status
Not open for further replies.