Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that's interesting is that the set will have almost every well-known A-list/ B-list song from the first five seasons. I hope that Sesame Workshop isn't worried that the set won't sell. But if volume two only focuses on the first four years, I wonder what skits will be mentioned in the press release. There are a lot of well-known non-music skits that could be listed, but perhaps Sesame Workshop could have saved some of the songs for later. While some of those songs had remakes in the early years, I wonder how casual fans who buy the first set will feel if the press release says that it will have The People in Your Neighborhood, Sing, One of These Things, and I Love Trash (No, I don't know that different versions of these will or won't be included). Casual fans might think they are the same song.

Grover

Reaction score
Charcters included in Episodes/ Bonus Features/
Bonus Clips. :

Big Bird
Oscar the Grouch
Cookie Monster
Kermit the Frog
Grover Monster
Ernie and Bert
Herry Monster
Guy Smiley
Herbert Birdsfoot
Sherlock Hemlock
Mr.Johnson
Lefty the Salesman
Prarie Dawn
Rowlf the Dog ( Pitch Pilot)
Harvey Kneeslapper
Farley
Beautiful Day Monster ( Pitch Pilot)
Mumford the Great
Simon Soundman
Snuffy

Characters not Included:
The Twiddlebugs
Professor Hastings
Roosevelt Franklin
Don Music
Biff and Sully
Little Jerry and The Monotones

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Actually, Roosevelt Franklin appeared in the fourth and fifht season premiers. In the season four premier he appears at the beginning when the cast says the letter of the alphabet that their names begin with, and in the season five premier he appears in the "Clap, Clap, Clap" song.

Considering that Rowlf was in the pitch pilot, and his appearance is apparantly included (then again, we haven't heard any official word that it is on the set), this would have been a good time for Sesame Workshop to arrange a deal to include the Baker #9 skit with Rowlf, as they would have gotten permission to include Rowlf in the pitch reel.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another character included to add to that list is The Martians. The page said that it has something caled "Martians Telephone". What else could it be besides the classic sketch where The Martians inspect a telephone?

gbrobeck

Reaction score
The pitch film is complete - Kermit and Rowlf are included. And yes, it is the sketch with the Yip-Yips and the telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.