OK Go and The Muppets Music Video: The Muppet Show Theme

Slackbot

Reaction score
I am gonna be grinning like an idiot all day today. My corowkers are gonna get worried about me.

I've copied the MP4 from my cache and ran it through Pazera to convert it to a MPG for offline viewing.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
This is awesome! I love it, my favorite part was (as someone mentioned before) the Muppets performing the "OK Go Puppets"! haha. This is awesome. I was a little skeptical about the album with its remixes and rock tributes, cause I'm not usually into all that stuff, but I just might get the album! (But I wanna wait just in case it is sold later as a bundle with the film soundtrack.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was a very good music video, though I wish it had more characters. It seems it only had a few characters not in any of The Muppets trailers yet (Pops, Nigel, purple hunchback frackle).

The ending was funny, but I feel it went on a little long (kind of like a routine on The Andy Milonakis Show). I feel it could have ended after Dr. Teeth screams. But then we wouldn't have had Rowlf's cameo.

Anybody have any idea who performed Sweetums in this? It actually does sound like John Henson's Sweetums to me, but John hasn't performed Sweetums since 2005, and I doubt he would perform in a non-Henson production (though it seems Brian is busier with the company). I wonder if maybe it's David Rudman, since he's recently taken over other Richard Hunt characters, though I can't compare the voice to any Rudman characters (then again, David Rudman didn't perform the character in Letters to Santa, one of his first performances as Scooter and Janice).

I feel they should have used Thog and the Mutations, since they were rebuilt (or were the Mutations rebuilt? I haven't seen any good close-ups of them in the trailers and can't tell any differences between 2011 Mutations and 1976 Mutations).

They sing the "Why do we always come here..." line, ending with "It's like a kind of torture to have to watch the show" right before Marvin Suggs treats them like Muppaphones. With that in mind, maybe the line should be "It's like a kind of torture to have to do the show" (though it wouldn't make sense on the album where the visuals are gone).

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I FINALLY got around to seeing this, and, whooboy, am I glad I did. That was so completely epic win. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I loved this! I'm a fan of OK Go and I knew they wouldn't disappoint. I loved the references to other OK Go videos and all the Muppety goodness as well. And so many different Muppets had parts in this! My favorite was the scene with Rowlf and the dogs, but I might be slightly biased on that. Overall a super fun video and now I need to watch it again!!!

Stulz

Reaction score
The part with the Muppets "performing" OK Go as puppets was hysterically brilliant!
Great job all around!

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
The video is great, and I've been a Ok Go fan for a while, even hung out with the guys a few times... but I'm not gonna lie, the song itself is pretty annoying. I just want to watch the video on mute.
The Rowlf scene is definitely my fave, I love that "Bunny" gets scared and runs off the bed.... you couldnt have scripted that lol. And the Marvin Suggs scene is so clever. But, ya, Im not feeling the actual song.