Official: New Fraggle Rock full-length series in development, Classic Fraggle Rock arrives on AppleTV+

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm so excited! I have mixed feelings about Mokey's redesign, but Johnny T knows Fraggle Rock inside and out, so I'm confident her behavior won't be drastically different.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Mokey's new look surprised me at first, but after seeing nearly every post in response to the trailer being negative about her new look, I stopped caring.

Harold43

Reaction score
On the one hand, I am very excited that this show is getting new episodes. The trailer doesn't reveal anything significant. I'm indifferent about Mokey's slight redesign and would like to know the rationale behind it before I pass any judgment. My understanding is that having loose "frilly" hair gives a muppet more "activity & expression" when they move around and her new hair is held back and has lost that level of expressiveness that her original hair style had. Red's voice is also a bit different and I'm not sure if that's just due to the voice actress. Again, I'm not going to pass judgment until I learn more about it.

Overall, I'm excited but I don't have Apple+ nor am I going to be getting Apple+ just to watch the Fraggle Rock series. Good luck to them and I hope that the series is eventually on a more accessible platform.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Okay now THAT was exciting trailer. Yet I do wonder given the passing of Jerry Nelson does anyone know who will be playing his characters in this new series ?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Okay now THAT was exciting trailer. Yet I do wonder given the passing of Jerry Nelson does anyone know who will be playing his characters in this new series ?
I heard John Tartanglia is doing Gobo but I don't know how factual that info is.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Yes! Matt would be great. Maybe Donna Kimball could be Ma.
There's no official confirmation yet but I've heard a rumor that Cheryl Wagner returned to play Ma Gorg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.