Official: New Fraggle Rock full-length series in development, Classic Fraggle Rock arrives on AppleTV+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Good news, certainly. But the old show had such a perfect team of people behind it; lightning doesn't strike twice.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Now this is news that I didn’t think was possible, but here we are. They are truly back!!!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
How did I miss that?! This is really exciting! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, the shorts on Apple TV appeared to be successful. I’m definitely looking forward to more Fraggles. Maybe we’ll see more of the Doozer and maybe Gorgs, too.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
This is fantastic news! The original definitely had a once in a lifetime crew, but I hold great hope that whoever takes the helm, they'll do justice by the Fraggles.

getup

Reaction score
I was wondering why HBO had lost the streaming to the original episodes after just putting them out 2 years ago. News of the reboot is very welcome. Hopefully it's done right! Can't wait

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
"The series will be produced by the Jim Henson Company in association with New Regency, with Matt Fusfeld and Alex Cuthbertson serving as showrunners, writers, and exec producers. Lisa Henson and Halle Stanford are also onboard as exec producers, alongside veteran Henson collaborator John Tartaglia (who brings to life several key characters on the show). Ritamarie Peruggi (The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance) is also set to be a producer, with original series puppeteers Dave Goelz and Karen Prell also attached to the project. Harvey Mason Jr. will be executive music producer of the show."

This certainly sounds like a capable team! Definitely looking forward to this!

getup

Reaction score
Not sure if previous digital versions did this too but AppleTV+ edited the episode of The Challenge and took out Matt's postcard segment about smoking. Gobo says mouth-burners and then it cuts to after he tells the story. I was wondering why the episode said the air date was from this year while all the other episodes have their original 80s dates.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!!!! This is fantastic news! I hope we see the Gorgs and Doozers as well. Who could perform Junior Gorg ? Maybe Kevin Clash since he works for the JHC.

Status
Not open for further replies.