Official Bohemian Rhapsody MP3 now available

ohtherain

Reaction score
Here's how much my kids have been exposed to the Muppets... my 7-year-old can identify pretty much every character from the Muppet Show at a glance, and my 10-year-old who so far has seemed to escape my own completist tendencies took one look at an episode of Fraggle Rock and announced, "I would like to have ALL of these."

So, of course they've seen Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody almost as much as I have. They haven't even noticed that some of the voices don't match the original incarnations. Or if they have, they just accept it.

In the car this morning on the way to the 7-year-old's school (right after dropping off the 10 year-old), the original Queen version came on. I turned up the volume during the "Mama" part and asked my youngest if he knew that song.

He said, "Animal?"

And listened quietly throughout the song.

Up until the part, "So you think you can stomp me and spit in my eye?"

At which point he announces, "That is NOT Dr. Teeth."

So, that's a pretty good compliment for Bill Barretta, huh? Not only is he just as good as Jim Henson... he's better than Freddie Mercury!

DN
That is so cool! Great to see that your kids know the Muppets just as well as you do. And I had never heard Bohemian Rhapsody before the Muppets did it, so I was amused to hear the original on the radio.

beaker

Reaction score
Here's how much my kids have been exposed to the Muppets... my 7-year-old can identify pretty much every character from the Muppet Show at a glance, and my 10-year-old who so far has seemed to escape my own completist tendencies took one look at an episode of Fraggle Rock and announced, "I would like to have ALL of these."

So, of course they've seen Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody almost as much as I have. They haven't even noticed that some of the voices don't match the original incarnations. Or if they have, they just accept it.

In the car this morning on the way to the 7-year-old's school (right after dropping off the 10 year-old), the original Queen version came on. I turned up the volume during the "Mama" part and asked my youngest if he knew that song.

He said, "Animal?"

And listened quietly throughout the song.

Up until the part, "So you think you can stomp me and spit in my eye?"

At which point he announces, "That is NOT Dr. Teeth."

So, that's a pretty good compliment for Bill Barretta, huh? Not only is he just as good as Jim Henson... he's better than Freddie Mercury!

DN
Haha, nice!

I consider it tantamount to pretty much abuse and neglect for
families not to expose their children to the Muppets in some form
(Bear in the big blue house, muppets in various shows/specials, fraggle rock, sesame street, various JHC productions)

I believe children raised on some form of Henson related viewing rather than Barney or whatever pap gunks up the day time tv screen turn out to be kinder, gentler, more creative and intelligent people...although, as a caveat I have no scientific proof of this:smile:

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Haha, nice!

I consider it tantamount to pretty much abuse and neglect for
families not to expose their children to the Muppets in some form
(Bear in the big blue house, muppets in various shows/specials, fraggle rock, sesame street, various JHC productions)

I believe children raised on some form of Henson related viewing rather than Barney or whatever pap gunks up the day time tv screen turn out to be kinder, gentler, more creative and intelligent people...although, as a caveat I have no scientific proof of this:smile:

I couldn't agree more.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more.
People who don't like the Muppets usually have something wrong with them IMHO. I can't imagine that kind of person raising a happy child. I firmly believe that the more Muppets in peoples lives will reduce dependency on antidepressants. :attitude:

rexcrk

Reaction score
^^^heck yeah! I grew up with the Muppets and I'm as cheerful as can be (for the most part ;P)

Also, is this not going to be available from iTunes in the U.S.? I couldn't find it >_>

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Anyone know if it'll be available for download in Canada?
I would love to contribute to it becoming #1.

Amazon won't let me download it and I know unless it goes up on iTunes Canada, I won't be able to download it from there either.

Mathman

Reaction score
Does any body know if it will be available on iTunes in the US. I have been checking all day and nothing. I figured since the other "viral videos" have shown up there, that this one would too!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Does any body know if it will be available on iTunes in the US. I have been checking all day and nothing. I figured since the other "viral videos" have shown up there, that this one would too!
It will be available... eventually. That's word direct from Muppets Studio. They said there was a delay getting it up but it should be up at some point.