Official: “Muppets Now”, an unscripted series coming to Disney+ on July 31, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
YAAAAAAAY! I knew Disney wouldn't give up the Muppets. Yippee skippee!:smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I can buy unscripted, but "short form"? What does that? Like the YouTube stuff? And what format is "unscripted"? Will it be like whenever people chat with the Muppet characters off the cuff, like they used to do frequently on SS?
Short form is like that, yes. I wouldn't figure any of these are longer than 10 minutes.

I had heard that they actually shot these things, but there wasn't any confirmation they would be released. I also heard that they're not fully "unscripted" because entails a lot more work, production-wise.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
There was a livestream on YouTube of the D23 Panel, and while there is no visual, you can hear the teaser. Really doesn't reveal anything about the show, as the whole gag is that this "Legal Weasel" is preventing Kermit from saying anything

MWoO

Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if by unscripted they mean something like a family friendly "puppet up" or a show with a loose premise.

Considering all the Marvel and Star Wars shows it is nice to see some room made for a single Muppet show... even if it has no script....

Part of me was hoping for that The Muppets Live Again idea with 4th wall breaking humor and tight joke writing. I guess improv is better than nothing.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I don't think one was released. Unless i'm missing something
Yea I had on a youtube video someone in the crowd at D23 illegally taping on his phone there was definitely a Trailer couldn't see it but I heard it!

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
This is nice. It's new content with the Muppets, that's better than nothing! And if these go well maybe it'll lead to a proper series on Disney+.

Status
Not open for further replies.