Obscure Sesame character merchandise

Shade601

Reaction score
I'm dying to find a plushie or really any merchandise of Hoots the owl, my absolute favorite, or Rosita, or really any of the lesser known and neglected characters that I love so much. Does anyone know if they even make him? (hoots that is) Or some of the more outdated characters like Roosevelt...even if they're much older toys that are rare and somewhat expensive, I'd like to see them!:smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
I'm dying to find a plushie or really any merchandise of Hoots the owl, my absolute favorite, or Rosita, or really any of the lesser known and neglected characters that I love so much. Does anyone know if they even make him? (hoots that is) Or some of the more outdated characters like Roosevelt...even if they're much older toys that are rare and somewhat expensive, I'd like to see them!:smile:
I've never come across a Hoots plushie, sorry, and the only Rosita plushies I've come across are the mini beanie ones that they used to sell for about $2.50 at Coles about five years back (keep in mind, I live in Australia, so maybe you guys never got them), but as a SSt collector who has a lot of 90's merch, I've never come across a Rosita plush, even though I have a feeling that they were released. As for Roosevelt, I only know that they released a puppet in the 70's with a plastic head.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Would Guy Smiley count as an obscure character? Because when we went there a few days ago, they had a few mini plushies of him and several other Sesame characters in the gift shop for the exhibit just along Deer Creek in Leland, Mississippi.

Kiki

Reaction score
Would Guy Smiley count as an obscure character?
Not that I watch current SSt episodes (because they're on while I'm at school, 8:30 in the morn), but I doubt he's not on the show as often as he was in, say, the 70's, so I guess he is considered a more "obscure"ish character for today's standard's, but again, I could be wrong there. But I do remember a beanie of him being released around 1995/1997 thereabouts. On that note, I found my Natasha beanie from around that time. :big_grin: But I can't find my Bennie Rabbit one. D:

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
I know they sell full plush size and beanie baby Rositas at Sesame Place,and if ou go on the theme park website, go to the category "SHOP" or "STORE" (I can't remember which one it is) you can e-mail the head of products and order it through her. It's pretty cool! They also have other hard-to-find plushies like Prairie Dawn and Baby Bear. Good luck! :wisdom: