NY Times: Fuzzy Renaissance

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Wait wait wait... let me get this strait. It says that they are having problems marketing to the little kids because Jim Henson wanted it to be an adult show... BUT Jim Henson had the HARDEST time marketing to adults, and he couldnt steer it away from kids. I bet you it was slipit right down the middle, maybe even more kids than adults in the muppets prime. That just doesn't fit with my knowledge of Jim...

I mean, how many of you get made fun of for likeing the muppets because its a "baby show"?

but I didnt know that they had such a horrible cort battle after he died for the Muppet 3D thing, what was the fight over?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I hope they don't CGI the Muppet Babies...cartoons are fine but I think if they want to make them 3D they might as well use real muppets:excited:
During Henson Co ownership they were planning on using motion capture CG puppetry as in Sid the Science Kid and the Henson Hour's Waldo character on the Muppet Babies. That could be interesting and provide more possibilites. I don't see the need for them to make new programs using the same style and look as before, but I could go for traditional animation too.

If the Babies ever came back I just hope the animation would look better no matter how it is done. The older stuff just makes me cringe. I understand the sentimental value of the old cartoons to fans, but much of the animation was done on the cheap. The Muppets and the Babies deserve much better.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Forget a new, CGI Muppet Babies... just put the OLD show on DVD :X Pronto!

Also, did anyone notice in that new American Express (I think I got the right card?) commercial, it said Henson's goal involved children... well, not totally, no, unless they mean Sesame Street :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
During Henson Co ownership they were planning on using motion capture CG puppetry as in Sid the Science Kid and the Henson Hour's Waldo character on the Muppet Babies. That could be interesting and provide more possibilites. I don't see the need for them to make new programs using the same style and look as before, but I could go for traditional animation too.
A CGI show like THAt would be amazing. Especially if they could get Jeffery Scott and the voice actors (among others) back. But all I can say is, why not just put them on some toddler merchandise, instead of baby Mickey, Baby Pooh, and Baby Princesses? Seems that would be a nice step to take, as the generation that grew up with Muppet babies have babies of their own. Though, it wouldn't kill someone to make new MB PVC figurines... we DESPERATELY need Baby Beaker and Baby Bunsen products, after years of getting shunned.

Even a small step like merchandise could bring them back to the public eye. And they could even put out some "Best ofs" if they can't get the rights to the rest of the series on DVD (There are quite a few episodes that feature stock footage and other public domain clips)

Redsonga

Reaction score
But all I can say is, why not just put them on some toddler merchandise, instead of baby Mickey, Baby Pooh, and Baby Princesses? Seems that would be a nice step to take, as the generation that grew up with Muppet babies have babies of their own.
Or hasn't yet, but would so buy them anyway for a future baby :smile:. Those would be sooo cute :big_grin:!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well we have talked about what they need to do with the Muppet Babies a lot in other threads, but I feel the same as i have said before. They need to get the Classic Muppets set and out there in the main stream once again before they can even think about Muppet Babies. I know that it would drag out us not getting a release of the show on DVD, but at the same time it would give Disney eough time to work on getting all the rights to all the other footage that Muppet Babies has in it. Such as Star Wars and things like that. Here is how they sould be thinking right now:

1. Re launch the Classic Muppets for Everyone (We already see there game plan)

2. Re launch the Muppet Babies For kids mostly (A great show for playhouse Disney)

Drtooth

Reaction score
2. Re launch the Muppet Babies For kids mostly (A great show for playhouse Disney)
As long as they don't dumb it down like everything else on Toon Disney. I am so sick of this Dora model of educational TV. I saw Mickey Mouse say "Who's That?" like he was talking to a toddler in one episode of Clubhouse, and I felt like crying.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Dear Disney Co. We need to talk. Why do you bring my hopes up and drop them all the time? I hope you don't do this again, so I'm going to take the road of least disappointment.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Nah. I don't think it's dead by any means. Puppetry is an ancient art. It would take alot more than CGI to kill it.
Puppetry will always live. It just may not be that popular in movies, anymore.