NY Times: Fuzzy Renaissance

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh just read this article. I have made Henson-style hand puppets in the past on my own before, but I would all about going to make an official one with all sorts of cool parts!

This whole building up to a big bang thing sounds like an awesome idea and that it will work, but I'm getting so impatient. I just can't wait for the new christmas special now!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would love to do some interviews with some of the people over at Muppet Studios I would just love to see what they are thinking and get in there heads a little. I would love to see how some people feel about some of the more non seen Muppets as well. I would really love to talk with Steve or Bill about taking on such roles as Dr. Theeth the Newsman and so on.

I miss doing interviews

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
"O" it's all in good fun! even if were outta "ABC" order!:smile:

Good things take time and I hope to see more great Muppety things as time goes on!

Beauregard

Reaction score
What the "H"?

Wait...no.

I just wanted to spend a penny, or drop in two cents, or something, and just point out that I have seen Muppets in merch everywhere I look these days, such as I never have before. It seems I hardly ever leave the house these days without seeing someone in a Miss Piggy, Vote Kermit, or Animal t-shirt.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It makes me happy how often I see Fraggle Rock shirts now...It may not be the same company anymore, but it still counts as part of the fuzzy renaissance 'N' my book :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
"D" "E"-xit is Stage Right "F" I want to live through this act.

I KNEW IT! Fozzie really does double as Snagglepuss!

Anyway, I've said it before, and I'll say it again... The muppets are just as relevant as ever. I mean, multiple refferences on Family Guy, American Dad and the Simpsons... that odd skit on Saturday Night live? All we're missing is something official.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I KNEW IT! Fozzie really does double as Snagglepuss!

Anyway, I've said it before, and I'll say it again... The muppets are just as relevant as ever. I mean, multiple refferences on Family Guy, American Dad and the Simpsons... that odd skit on Saturday Night live? All we're missing is something official.
The Simpsons were doing jokes about them years and years ago..I think their makers are big fans :smile:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
"O" boy. :embarrassed: (Sorry, couldn't resist getting into letter puns! :big_grin:)

As far as the FAO Schwarz Muppet Whatnot Workshop that GelflingWaldo so happily wrote an article on for MNF, that sounds absolutely amazing! I'll see if it's worth dragging myself up to NYC in this current economic crisis just to go to FAO and create myself a Muppet Whatnot (and I'm pretty sure I can't make Louis Kazagger... :embarrassed:).

Also, has anyone heard about Muppet Babies maybe cashing in on this fuzzy renaissance? Disney REALLY BADLY needs to do something with them.

BJ

Redsonga

Reaction score
I hope they don't CGI the Muppet Babies...cartoons are fine but I think if they want to make them 3D they might as well use real muppets:excited: