NY Times: Fuzzy Renaissance

Redsonga

Reaction score
I liked the article, but they should have also interviewed parents whose kids do like Muppet Show (they do exist). Instead they made it look like Disney is the only way.
I agree, there should have been more balance..They always make it seem like a 'kids these days with their newy pop idols, yes sir, the only thing we can do is put them in with the muppets, that's the only way they'll even look at them :sympathy:'
It's not that uncommon for children to like the muppets for themselves..maybe not the whole generation, but then the whole generation does not love High School Musical ether..They do have minds of their own :wink:.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i can see how Henson would think that the Muppets would do better over at Disney. They are one of the Biggest family entertainment companys in the world, and could do with them. Not just the tweenys but as a whole the Muppet when being themselfs can prove to stand the ageing of time. As they are trying to do now.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Redsonga;It's not that uncommon for children to like the muppets for [I said:
themselves[/I]..maybe not the whole generation, but then the whole generation does not love High School Musical ether..They do have minds of their own :wink:.
Yup, it's the old story, the popular kids get catered to and the kids who follow their own drummer get left behind.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That article... seriously nearly brought me to tears. That is the most exciting thing I have read in a long, long time. GO MUPPETS! ! ! !
Yeah! GO MUPPETS indeed.
Anyway, it is great that the muppets are coming back
It all sounds so good!
I agree. A very good read as far as what Dizney has planned for the Muppets.
Oh come on people! Give me a froggin' break! HOW can you BELIEVE all this crap? ! How can you ALWAYS believe this CRAP? ! When has Disney ever actually done what they said they were going to do other than The Muppets' Wizard of Oz and that TV special a while back? ! How can you stand always getting yourselves worked up, then only to discover you've just worked your way to major disappointments? !

These are all the EXACT same things Universal promised Ross Bagdasarian Jr. they'd do with The Chipmunks when he sold them to them back in the 90s! What did we get? Those two direct-to-video monster movies and that's it! Lucky Ross sued them for breach of contract, and when their contract expired, he got The Chipmunks back, hence the recent movie with Jason "My Name is Earl" Lee as David Seville! There ain't going to be no "Fuzzy Renaissance", there ain't going to be no new TV shows, specials, movies, attractions, etc, there's NOTHING to get excited about! Again, it's all talk and no do!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh come on people! Give me a froggin' break! HOW can you BELIEVE all this crap? ! How can you ALWAYS believe this CRAP? ! When has Disney ever actually done what they said they were going to do other than The Muppets' Wizard of Oz and that TV special a while back? ! How can you stand always getting yourselves worked up, then only to discover you've just worked your way to major disappointments? !

These are all the EXACT same things Universal promised Ross Bagdasarian Jr. they'd do with The Chipmunks when he sold them to them back in the 90s! What did we get? Those two direct-to-video monster movies and that's it! Lucky Ross sued them for breach of contract, and when their contract expired, he got The Chipmunks back, hence the recent movie with Jason "My Name is Earl" Lee as David Seville! There ain't going to be no "Fuzzy Renaissance", there ain't going to be no new TV shows, specials, movies, attractions, etc, there's NOTHING to get excited about! Again, it's all talk and no do!
Um...aw...:eek: *hands him radish shaped lollypop*
We'll see?:cry:...

dwayne1115

Reaction score

Your Right! I hate the Muppets!

What no way why in the world would i say that i love the Muppets and they will be great once again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not being negative, I'm being REALISTIC!

Look at the big picture, people.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Okay, everyone take a deep breath. Hollywood has always made plans that don't work out. That's the business. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it was planned with the best of intentions and failed and sometimes it was just talk. If people want to get excited about plans, that's their right. If people don't want to get excited about plans, that's their right. But if you want to stay here and continue discussing plans, you have to do so in a respectful manner. There's room for all opinions here-- but there is absolutely not room for insisting everyone must share a common opinion. People can disagree-- just do so politely.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I saw this article last night, and I thought it showed a lot of promise! Now, that's not to say that all of that promise will be fulfilled, but it's clear that Disney really wants to do big things with the Muppets. I hope it has the follow-through to get there.

On a side-note, I've been teaching 7th graders for the past few weeks, and I'm constantly pleasantly surprised by how many of them know and appreciate the Muppets. A few have even been sporting Kermit the Frog T-shirts. I think the time is right for this Fuzzy Renaissance.