Now what's going on with YouTube?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This video has been plastered on the front page for weeks... months now? Finally clicked it today... why does this have 74M views

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean for months before that, it was that fox who went "he he."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube is really pushing for people to use closed captions on videos because they claim captions help a video's performance, so now, much like the autoplay feature that nobody likes, captions are now also turned on automatically.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And Google just did away with that very useful "Search Google for image" function . . . as always, it's the actually useful functions and features they do away with on their products.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This may or may not be all just a conspiracy, but this is supposedly the real reason why YouTube is disabling dislikes on videos:

Whether or not this is true, I still say this is actually a pretty good idea, since some trolls do, indeed, often go out of their way just to dislike videos for the halibut (even I've been guilty of such in years past . . . and no, it wasn't on any Taylor Swift junk).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, YouTube has added what's perhaps the weirdest newest feature yet: on certain videos, if you scan the player timeline, it'll show you some kind of strange overlay that looks similar to soundwaves, but apparently, it's a visual representation of what portions of a video have engaged the most attention and retention, like so:

Not sure why YouTube felt this was necessary to give us.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just now realized that Facebook doesn't show us new posts or media content from the pages that we like/follow in our news feed anymore, and haven't for a while.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, guess what? The dislike button actually still works, it's just that the number of dislikes are no longer publicly visible . . . that, that pretty much means trolls can still go out of their way to purposely dislike videos all they want, they just won't be able to see it.