Now what's going on with YouTube?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Looks like I Hate Everything was terminated again, but he's back up now. I swear, Youtube is out to get him.
HOLY ****!!!

In the last 24-hours, YouTube has wrongfully terminated a countless amount of channels for "multiple violations of community guidelines," among other crazy offenses . . . and a channel that I manage for another group was one of them! And practically the only activity I ever did with that channel since its inception a couple of months ago was the upload of one video, and transfer of ownership to the group's new Google account. No idea what "multiple violations" they're talking about, but I need to get this channel back up and running ASAP, because people are depending on me for it.
Oh. I hope you get that resolved. If you don't mind me asking, what was the name of the channel you were involved in and some of the other ones that got deleted?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently, if you're a smaller channel and YouTube has been stunting your growth, they will actually punish you now for trying to work around their stunting your growth. Since they retired tags in 2013 and smaller channels' videos have been disappearing from YouTube's search algorithm as a result, a work-around for this was adding tags to your description instead, which does get picked up by the search algorithm . . . but YouTube has caught onto this, and has now updated their policies and TOS by saying doing this is considered an act of spam and gaming and tricking the search algorithm, and they will punish you for doing this.

So to re-iterate: they stunt the growth of your channel, and if you work around it, they will punish you for it.

I quit. I give up. I've been doing this for too long to continue to fight this losing battle, so I'm through.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So apparently, if you're a smaller channel and YouTube has been stunting your growth, they will actually punish you now for trying to work around their stunting your growth. Since they retired tags in 2013 and smaller channels' videos have been disappearing from YouTube's search algorithm as a result, a work-around for this was adding tags to your description instead, which does get picked up by the search algorithm . . . but YouTube has caught onto this, and has now updated their policies and TOS by saying doing this is considered an act of spam and gaming and tricking the search algorithm, and they will punish you for doing this.

So to re-iterate: they stunt the growth of your channel, and if you work around it, they will punish you for it.

I quit. I give up. I've been doing this for too long to continue to fight this losing battle, so I'm through.
So what are you going to do all about it now?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just told you, nothing, I'm done with it, I'm not up for fighting this losing battle anymore, I'm throwing in the towel, I'm accepting defeat, I'm calling it quits.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I just told you, nothing, I'm done with it, I'm not up for fighting this losing battle anymore, I'm throwing in the towel, I'm accepting defeat, I'm calling it quits.
You're going to give up on complaining about YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm giving up on producing content and uploading it to YouTube.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, apparently YT's doing that thing again where it doesn't want to load/buffer 720p or 1080p videos that are longer than a few minutes and automatically reloads and rebuffers them at 144p.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, apparently YT's doing that thing again where it doesn't want to load/buffer 720p or 1080p videos that are longer than a few minutes and automatically reloads and rebuffers them at 144p.
Apparently now they don't want to play any video over 480p now - even if it's just a minute long.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
The YouTube mobile app seems to not quite want to play videos in HD for me at all. A bit frustrating but it seems to be stuck at 480p. Still I'm a bit peeved by this.