None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ugh. Starting Thursday, it's looking like the rest of the entire month of April is going to be anywhere from 10 to 15 degrees above average this year. Really bites.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oy. Vey. Gevalt.

Summer has already had a premature start this year by a week and a half! Yep, we're already in the 90s! And will remain so for the next several days!

The local news has reported we haven't seen an early start to summer like this since 2011, and if you may or may not remember, that was our worst summer on record: that was the summer where we set several records for temperatures, and we kept having to be advised to stay indoors if at all possible, otherwise we would literally start to burn within ten minutes of being out in the heat.

Now I have the sickening feeling that's exactly the kind of summer we're going to experience all over again. :cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Despite the better part of the latter half of May being above average, it's looking like we'll actually stay below average for the next couple of weeks . . . which is fine by me! Especially if it'll stay that way for my birthday this year, which has only happened, to the best of my memory, only approximately twice in the last decade or so long as I can remember.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well. . . . :sigh: All good things must come to an end. The below-average streak is no more, and the 90s have returned for their rightful place in the season known as summer. :frown:

We came so close to having the entire month endure below average conditions, but alas, halfway through the last week, it just couldn't hang on much longer. So much for that. At least we can say we've had a tad over a 1/4 but not quite a 1/3 of the summer season shaved off this year. But fun while it lasted - I'm glad it was actually 73 degrees on my birthday this year - the lowest the high has ever been on my birthday that I can ever remember!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently mid-80s(F) in Canada is extreme enough for them to issue a "heat warning."

😆🤣

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Finally getting a little bit of relief from the heat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We're below average again right now, and it looks like it's actually going to stay that way, which is really nice, but what's hilarious is everybody is talking about how this is an "unusually cold July" since we're in the 80s right now . . . but honestly, this is what a typical July used to be like for us before Climate Change: when I was growing up, 80s was typical for July; it's only been within the last decade or so that 90s has become our new average for July.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah same. This week has been cooler and way less humid, so I finally decided to go outside for a run.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ugh. Humidity's still be a really big problem pretty much all summer long . . . I get really sick really quickly of my glasses fogging up immediately every time I step foot outside.