None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm so glad that even the local meteorologists on the local news are finally pointing out how abnormal these weather conditions are for this time of year, with one of them even remarking today that our current pattern is more like July than late September.

It's so satisfying, because ordinarily whenever something like this happens, they always act like such giddy little school girls over prolong warm and hot spells . . . I can still remember Thanksgiving 2011, we set a record for our warmest Thanksgiving ever: 74 degrees; they were ecstatic about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
September 2019 has now officially dethroned September 2018 as the second-worst September in recent memory because of Climate Change! Here is a breakdown of just how much of a negative effect Climate Change has had on September over the past decade, ranked from worst to less worse:

1. September 2016: August lasted an extra 3 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS STRAIGHT.
2. September 2019: August lasted an extra 2 1/2 weeks (which is now currently spilling into the first week of October, WHICH HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE)
3. September 2018: August lasted an extra 2 weeks.
4. September 2015: August lasted an extra week.
5. September 2009 and 2014: August lasted a few extra days.
6. September 2013: August lasted an extra 2 days.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So today is August 61st? I better sue my bank for giving me a defective calendar. Dirty rats. I got a good mind to pull my fourteen dollars out of my account and take my business somewhere else.
Still no thought of moving north, eh?

Yes, the jet stream covering the eastern half of the country has brought high temps and very little rain, and freezing temps and several feet of snow to Montana.

So... who do we blame? Who do we lay the problem of climate change at their feet? The Chinese? The Indians? The Russians? Who do we go after for your victim mentality? There MUST be someone to blame. But until we narrow down the suspects, we're at a loss here.
Climate change has only been going on since time began. There's been ice ages, magnetic storms, magnetic reversals of the poles, worldwide fires and floods, polar ice drifts, etc etc etc. Trouble is the only who has been around long enough to see all this happen is ME! You young squirts, this was before your time.

So you got deprived of September. Who do you sue?
How much are you going to sue for?
Can you get a good lawyer to represent you?
Can you be patient enough to wait a year or two for your case to come up? The courts are a little backed up right now.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Snowthy's latest harbinger of doom.
Don't you dare miss it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So... who do we blame? Who do we lay the problem of climate change at their feet? The Chinese? The Indians? The Russians? Who do we go after for your victim mentality? There MUST be someone to blame. But until we narrow down the suspects, we're at a loss here.
I'm pretty sure that even you would comprehend that the "suspect" is the fact that various different pollutants and toxins that are entering our atmosphere and destroying the environment are the blame for the rapid shift in our climate; this isn't some sort of a liberal victim card, blame somebody else hoax.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
OMFG, it has never been in the 90s in October before! I can't even. . . .

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
yup, the weather here absolutely sucks frog balls... however, it should go back to the normal 70s next week (hallelujah!)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, I remember when the term was Global Warming, been around for at least the last 30 years.
Back in 1987 they blamed the Chinese for a billion refrigerators spewing CFCs into the atmosphere.
If it's something beyond our control, like weather,and you can't write your congressman to fix it, then that's where God needs to step in.
I'll be praying with or without you.

It will be 95 tomorrow. Up here. But someday I'll tell future generations I was there for the first 90 degree October.

Christmas 1984, it was 75 degrees up here. My brother drove me in his car with the top down. Green Christmas, but we made the most of it.

If Doomsday is coming from this weather, I'll sit out front with my cooler, lawn chair, and my Doritos (Cool Ranch). Whenever the end of the world comes, at least I'm going out smiling.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In the 200-some-odd year they evidently have been recording daily weather information for my town, today we set a record high for this date: 97 degrees. Think about it: 97 degrees in the middle of fall!

What next? Are we going to have a deja vu of the infamous Blowtorch Christmas of 2015, where it was way in the 70s almost all month long, thus ruining the Christmas spirit?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The CHRISTmas spirit will come whether it snows or not.

If your sense of how to measure Christmas depends on weather conditions, I feel sorry for you.

All the weather is doing is giving you one more excuse to be miserable.