None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Or another thing here in the Southeast with our really high humidity. You step into the shower to cool off and refresh. Five minutes later after you get out, you feel just as sticky and icky again. /lol
I KNOW! I HATE that! Another problem too, depending on how your plumbing is, the water never even really stays ice cold, after a couple of minutes or so, it pretty much gets room temperature (MUCH different story during winter time, when it gets so ice cold, it's like Antarctica).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the 100s snuck up on us again today, it got up to 110 (we weren't supposed to have anymore 100s for a while), and tomorrow is supposed to be just as bad, we're not looking for any kind of relief until the beginning of next week, where we'll be looking at some 80s for a change.

It's really hot in the house right now, a sudden freak thunderstorm with really strong winds broke one of the trees in our side yard, which fell on the power lines, cutting off the power, which wasn't fixed until earlier this afternoon, so without any air conditioning during that time, it got up to the 70s downstairs in the living room, and 80 upstairs in the bedrooms. It's going to take a while for the house to cool down unfortunately.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My parents really tried to cook an egg on the road it was that hot. Lets put it this way. My prediction of it evaporating before it actually cooked was right, even though they claim it worked.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was reading in the paper today that this really bad, excessive heat we've been having throughout the summer is going to be normal now, thanks to Global Warming, and how devastating this is on farmers and crops, who are having a hard time keeping their fruits and vegies alive enough for them to be harvested.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
100 and humid. Heat index 110. A cool 95 at the shore. And in the park the squirrels are using oven mitts to hold their nuts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently, there's been at least 30 deaths reported in association with this summer's heat wave so far.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Apparently, there's been at least 30 deaths reported in association with this summer's heat wave so far.
Yeah, I think I heard on the news recently, an old man died in his trailer because of the heat near my area. He only had some windows open and ONE fan running. When they went inside his trailer, it was scorching hot.

I remember those things, I use to live in a trailer as a kid and it was better as a kid to just go outside than stay inside one of those hot things. Even on a 100 degree day, it was cooler sitting under a shade tree vs sitting inside with a fan running, we had no AC until my teen years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it was discussed earlier in the thread, years ago, that contrary to popular belief, fans really don't help the situation at all: yes, they create what's known as a "wind chill effect", if you're standing right in front of it, but in the big picture, the fan utilizes electricity, electricity generates heat, the fan has to pull in the air behind it to blow it out in front of it, so basically, all the fan is really doing is blowing the hot air around the room. I don't know how many times I've told my mother her room would be a LOT cooler if she would just turn off her ceiling fan.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well finally, we're seeing some relief: we've got like a week's worth of wet weather in the mid and upper 80s to look forward to... that's still pretty hot, but after having to put up with 90s, and even temps from 100 to 110, we'll take the 80s over the 90s and 100s.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
100 and humid. Heat index 110. A cool 95 at the shore. And in the park the squirrels are using oven mitts to hold their nuts.
Congratulations fuzzygobo, you done served as inspiration. :smile: