No Muppets At Nascar???

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Here's an idea of how much is involved with the muppets and the cars:
http://www.nascar.com/2002/news/headlines/wc/06/12/muppets_chicago/index.html

Just a note, Nascar didn't screw up apparently. I just called Jimhenson.com and they said that the muppets did make their appearance...on the cars.

There was a scheduled appearance the drivers were to make with the Muppets, in Hollywood (see the web page attached: http://action-performance.com/muppets/ ).

Apparently no live Muppets were to appear at the raceway. Only the validation of their relationship with NASCAR by being on the cars which in turn places value on the die casts.

I also double checked the local area newspapers, Nascar.com, Chicagoland raceway and Henson.com and none of them reported any "scandal" or mis-representation of the scheduled Muppets event. So the deception was the media saying "The Muppets will be there" when they should have said, "The Muppets will be on the cars".

I hope that helps and sorry for all the confusion / frustration.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
That is soooo weird and the sad part is...I have read that. Why would Jimhenson.com say that everything was ok and that it was all legitimate?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Sunshineboz

yes we know that the muppets were at least able to be with the cars and parts of the video can be watched on line, i saw some clips of that on tv as well with a about 10 seconds of lines from fozzie bear.

also i found it nice that RIZZO "was" planed to be at the race even though he didn't get painted on a nascar or was at the reviling of the cars with all the other muppets, as he can be seen with pepe and animal in that photo.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Except for the Muppets being painted on the cars...
The whole thing is a scandal. Shhhhh
**lurks through the bushes**

then

**hides under a lampshade from Miss Piggy**