Nightmare Before Christmas

rexcrk

Reaction score
Anyone else think that Nightmare Before Christmas is one of the THEE BEST movies! It's so great, and it actually has a pretty large fan-base. I've gotten a whole bunch of Nightmare Before Christmas stuff from Hot Topic (Hat, shirt, calendar, pen set, and a lot more!) I've also got the soundtrack and the DVD. If you like Nightmare Before Christmas, definitley get the DVD and the soundtrack :wink:

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
YES! I've got the DVD but not the soundtrack. :frown: The bonus stuff on the DVD is so great. I love Jack. I want a suit like Jack's. I've got a talking Jack doll.

:crazy: :crazy: :zany: :zany:

NikZane

Reaction score
<--- World's N°1 Nightmare Before Christmas Fan!!

Actually, I'm sure that's an exaggeration, I know a girl who's entire house is decked out in NMBC stuff (she works at Hot Topic, and get's it all 40% off) and literally has no room for more.

Of all my toys, my 18" Jack Skellington is my favorite.

But yes, NMBC is a truly glorious film indeed, one of my all time favorites. I'm a huge Tim Burton fan in general... he is without question my no.1 favorite director.

I *really* want to go to Disney Land to see the NMBC haunted house, it just looks (and from reports *is*) awesome.

I don't have the special ed. DVD yet, but I've heard the extras are great. is both Vincent and Frankenweenie on it?

The El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood had a NMBC special last week, showing the film on the big screen, plus a display of sets and props. On the opening night, there was a film maker's Q&A, which Tim Burton attended. Thanks to the current MTA strike however, Em and I were unable to go (we're only visiting the US, so have no car).

HeraLirambar: What does your talking Jack say?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i have that movie on vhs, and i hava all the songs downloaded. that was a really good film. has to be on my top 5 list of all time great movies. it was very original and fresh. tim burton helped create nightmare before christmas which i think he has one of the most imaginitive minds in hollywood.

i'm curious as to how long that movie took to make, because it's kind of like the clay animation type stuff that was used doing the california raisins and i know that took a while to do.

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
www.nightmarez.org

If we get to keep our space for this year's haunted attraction, we plan on creating a Christmas themed walk-thru which would involve A Christmas Carol and Nightmare Before Christmas---but with spooky twists! We'd call it "Nightmarez B4 Christmas"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh heck yeah... best movie ever...

Problem is, every time merchandise comes out I can't afford it... I got 2 of the Bean bags, but I found some Mini Figs from the Disney Store I got years ago... only missing Jack and Dr. Finklestien... Oogie Boogie was my favorite...

NikZane

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
i'm curious as to how long that movie took to make, because it's kind of like the clay animation type stuff that was used doing the california raisins and i know that took a while to do.
I'm drawing on pretty ancient memory here, but I think it took something like 4 years in total to create.

Here's a photo of the spiral hill, taken by someone who went to last week's El Capitan screening.

Drtooth said:
Problem is, every time merchandise comes out I can't afford it
Oh man, I hear ya... all the good stuff comes out when I'm broke! :grouchy:

Speaking of merchandise and sets, I've seen from time to time various bits and pieces from the NMBC set pop up on eBay... not long ago someone was selling a set of Sally's actual hands from the set. The auction looked pretty authentic, but ya never know. A semi-reliable source tells me that that sorta things does indeed happen - she saw some Jack Skellington heads one time.

Now, if I saw a Jack or Sally armature for sale... I think I'd have to sell some organs and/or my soul, to purchase that.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Glad to see so many ppl like Nightmare Before Christmas! :big_grin: And I think maybe even more important than the director is the guy who did the music: Danny Elfman! He did a wonderful job with the music and voice of Barrel, the clown with the tear-away face and ecpecially the singing voice of Jack (heck, I'm typing this while listening to the song "Poor Jack")

NikZane

Reaction score
Danny Elfman is one of the most talented musicians on the planet. I mean, they guy's done everything from The Simpsons theme song to Weird Science (Oingo Boingo), Edward Scissorhands to Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

I've got a bunch of Elman soundtracks, but if you wanna get an excellent all-round insight into this man's genius, Music for a Darkened Theatre Vol 1 & 2 has a great selection of stuff from Danny's extraordinary career. There's a nice demo version of 'This is Halloween' on Vol. 2.

The last 1min 40secs of Finalé/Reprise (Jack and Sally's duet) from the Nightmare soundtrack is sublime.

Fozzie

Reaction score
I never really cared for this movie. I'm just not a Tim Burton fan.