New Sesame Street documentary based on "Street Gang" to premiere in April 2021

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah. Would've been amazing to have this come out as like a tie in with the anniversary special, or something.
I wonder if this'll end up on PBS.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
HBO has the USA rights, so it might be on their channel or HBO Max, maybe a few select theaters as well.

I could see PBS acquiring the broadcast a few years from now; they're going to be showing that live Jesus Christ Superstar soon that NBC originally ran.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
HBO has the USA rights, so it might be on their channel or HBO Max, maybe a few select theaters as well.

I could see PBS acquiring the broadcast a few years from now; they're going to be showing that live Jesus Christ Superstar soon that NBC originally ran.
Do you know when they'll be showing the live Jesus Christ Superstar?

zns

Reaction score
An update someone from the discord shared:
Such great news. This makes us hunger for what the official trailer will be like.

It's a shame it couldn't be ready for the 50th anniversary, but Rome was not built in a day.
Good things come to those who wait no doubt. Luckily we have the PBS documentary hosted by Gloria Estefan to look forward to next month.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Doesn't give us much to go on, but at least this gives us something to look forward to in 2021 after what a disaster 2020 has been.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Good to get an official word. I've felt bad for all the IndieGogo supporters when they kept pushing back the date for this.