New Scooby Doo Show?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
So, I just watched something called Scooby Doo Mystery, Inc. on Cartoon Network. Is this a new series? Did anyone else here watch it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
HOW many Scooby Doo shows are there already? Gee... I thought it was CATS that had nine lives, not dogs...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, Scooby's streak of TV shows has been much fewer and further between than what it was in the 70's and early 80's. So far since 2000 we only had 3 shows, What's new Scooby-Doo? Shaggy and Scooby-Doo get a Clue, and this one. in the 1960's-80's there were just so many... Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! The New Scooby-Doo Movies, The Scooby-Doo Show, Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo, The All-New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show, and The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo. Then after A Pup Named Scooby-Doo there was a very long hiatus until sometime in the 90's when they made the DTV movies. Then the live action film came out after all the interest brought back by said movies and non-stop Scooby reruns on CN.

There are a lot of characters that have the fortune of being always on in some form or another. Other than Scooby, the only characters that can hold that kind of attention are comic book super heroes. Spider-Man and Batman especially.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a new show. Forgot about it last night since it was buried amidst a bunch of other programs I'd rather avoid, and I was with my regular Monday wrestling shows anyway.

The DTV franchise still marches on though, what with fifteen titles to its credit, a new one released every six months either in February/March or October/November.

Just hope it airs in English on my CN channel.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I've been on the lookout for airdates for that and it's finally on and I MISS IT!

What time was it on?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, Scooby's streak of TV shows has been much fewer and further between than what it was in the 70's and early 80's.
I realize that, but still, I mean, it seems like Scooby Doo's got more TV shows (and movies and such) than any other franchise out there.
There are a lot of characters that have the fortune of being always on in some form or another. Other than Scooby, the only characters that can hold that kind of attention are comic book super heroes. Spider-Man and Batman especially.
Hmm... yeah, good point.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I've seen a commercial stating that it's going to start airing in either June or July (I forget which) and I must say that it looks to have some promise...at least more than Get A Clue did. :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've seen a commercial stating that it's going to start airing in either June or July (I forget which) and I must say that it looks to have some promise...at least more than Get A Clue did. :concern:
Get a Clue was one of WB's MANY shows that had a bleak, directionless first season and somehow managed to make a much better second one at the time. I feel the same way about Legion of Superheroes. Of course, LOS turned such a corner the second season, I never missed an episode... and if it was that good to begin with, they would have at least made future seasons for CN.

Get a Clue was another reason why if you take the best characters out of a show and give them their own, it's not gonna have even remotely the same quality. Postcards from Buster was a prime example, though for other reasons. And the only real reason to watch it was the villain, Dr. Phineas Phibes (named after a certain Vincent Price character) and his Smithers clone henchman.

I will say the LAST episode had an interesting twist that made me like the series.

Xerus

Reaction score
I'd much rather see more cartoons about Yogi Bear and his gang. I thought they were Hanna-Barbera's best works.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They weren't their most profitable works though. I love Yogi too... but if they ever foist something like Yo Yogi on us ever again... hooo boy.

Personally, I wanna see a new Hong Kong Phooey cartoon.