New Scooby Doo Show?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Isn't Jabberjaw basically the same as Scooby-Doo anyway? But Scooby is, again, the most successful HB show ever. So much so they ripped THEMSELVES off. Something only Saban would do decades later with Power Rangers... I hate what they did with Kamen Rider. Even as a Scooby fan, I wonder what exactly the appeal that kept him going for years is, but as long as we don;'t get another Scooby and Scrappy adventures, I don't mind.

Though again, a new Hong Kong Phooey would hit the spot.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I have to say, the second film was much more inspired than the first one. The first one was very much trying to be the Brady Bunch movie, while the second seemed to actually have a reverence for the show. All the villains coming back and all. Other than the forced American idol cameo at the end, I feel it was a stronger film overall.
I still didn't like everything in the second movie, but I will agree with you that it's a lot better than the first one. I particularly enjoyed seeing the various villians make appearances in live action- even the Black Knight from the very first episode!
I don't care for the Scrappy thing in the first movie- that was just wrong. Of course, I've never had a problem with that character, but I know tons of people seem to hate him for no particular reason. (Kinda like how people take out a lot of hate on Elmo for no particular reason- only because it seems he's dominated Sesame Street and so forth- but they forget that many kids do really love the character and thus there's a reason he's so popular and used so much on the show.)

Oh well- from what I've read of the new Scooby-Doo show though, it does seem quite cool. I'm looking forward to catching this one.:big_grin:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I've watched the first episode on youtube and it looks great. I really enjoy it. It has all of their parents telling them what not to do. But for me Shaggy's parents are just rude. I really liked them when in "A Pup Named Scooby Doo." But i know that that was Saturday morning but still. Can't wait to watch all the new episodes when they start airing.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I don't care for the Scrappy thing in the first movie- that was just wrong. Of course, I've never had a problem with that character, but I know tons of people seem to hate him for no particular reason. (Kinda like how people take out a lot of hate on Elmo for no particular reason- only because it seems he's dominated Sesame Street and so forth- but they forget that many kids do really love the character and thus there's a reason he's so popular and used so much on the show.)
I really don't like what the did to Scrappy in the movie, either. They turned him from the peppy, raring-to-go character that he was on the show, into a grade-A jerk!

I respect the fact that there are people that don't like him, but that is no reason to make him a villain. I liked the ending that they were originally considering, in which the one behind it was the guy from the toy factory at the beginning. It brought the story full circle in a better way; the man behind the case that drove Mystery Inc. apart is the same man who brought them back together.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Scrappy thing I liked initially, but it too was just another case of trying to make the Brady Bunch Movie. The second one just felt better, once it threw away the "we have to make fun of this" aspect of the first one.

As usual, I'm gonna have to find this online or wait for the DVD.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, there was still a bit of poking fun in the 2nd. movie, but nowhere near the level of the first one. (I also didn't care for the crudity in both films, for that matter.) Of course, I also didn't care for The Brady Bunch Movie and the movies that followed that trend (i.e. "Charlie's Angels" movies, "Starsky & Hutch", etc.- basically any of those movies that decided to make a parody out of a classic TV show rather than actually give it some dignity and pay real homage to it)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than the fact I absolutely hate the Brady Bunch, I'd tend to agree. But the storyline was much, MUCH stronger in the second one, and they treated it like an actual movie, and not just dumb parodies of the cliches and conventions of the show for a full 90 minutes. But at least (in both movies) they didn't go the Underdog/Inspector Gadget route and use a real dog. That would have been tragic.

Oh... the new show. I just saw it on YT as well. And I was absolutely amazed. The writing is a lot more grown up... almost serious. Much better than the last series, which just tried to copy both the movie and the original series at the same time, yet utilizing the same structure. There is no running around with bubble gum music here. They seem to take a cue from those hundreds of CSI/Law and Order-y shows... but they do it like a million times better. And it seems they're going to have story arcs. or at least one really big one. And Scooby isn't on the screen 24/7. We actually focus on the other characters for a change. And they've given them depth too. They turned essentially a comedy into an action show with comedic undertones. And I'm loving that they made Velma and Shaggy a couple, especially Shaggy's reluctant reaction to it.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Sounds cool, man- I definitely want to check out the new Scooby Doo show sometime- I'm sure it's online somewhere...