New Muppets Video: Beaker Sings "Dust in the Wind"

The Muppaphone

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good, though not great. The comments were funny and I loved Beaker's outfit, but I only found myself mildly chuckling as opposed to the belly laughs that Bohemian induced. Any new material is good news by me though. Can't wait to see what else they have in store :batty:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I kinda rushed to post it... a little later he actually says a full line or two... buy you can tell it is indeed Rudman.

I mean, heck... we got the Strangepork puppet built and ready to go.
Was Robin dubbed in those too? That's such a weird find. I never knew of it. Very heavily Richard Hunt too. But no Beaker in it. Weird.

I could tell Lew wasn't Jerry.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
In my opinion, the Muppets did what they do best: Art imitates life. I didn't LOL like with Bohemian, but man, that just made me crack such a huge smile.

The background Steve Whitmire provided for Beaker in his recent MuppetCast interview just makes Beaker such a great underrated character IMO. Sure they use him a lot, but some of us (i.e. moi) can't seem to get enough of Beaker!

BJ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Was Robin dubbed in those too? That's such a weird find. I never knew of it. Very heavily Richard Hunt too. But no Beaker in it. Weird.
I have to rewatch the entire thing. I don't know if Jerry performed him at points and David performed him, or David performed him and Jerry dubbed most of the lines... or if one of them had to do ADR or whatever. I bet there's some story somewhere... I just don't know what it is.

But I really think David did a pretty good Strangepork, and as he works with the Muppet Show brand now, I don't see why he wouldn't be willing to play him again.

But as for Matt Vogel, I only heard a couple of the characters that used to be Jerry's. I think on one episode this season of Sesame Street you can hear him do the Count's laugh... and that's about it.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
12 Favorite Annotations:
1. "my ears"; "my eyes"
2. "Sounds like someone punched a goat"; "Plz don't blame the goat"
3. "You're doing it wrong"
4. "Disasterpiece"
5. "stupit"
6. "XD! Fire!"
7. "BURNINATION!"
8. "MOAR FIRE!"
9. "Less singing. More burning."
10. "lol @ dude on fire"
11. "fail + fire = win"
12. "is he died?"

Voiceroy

Reaction score
Well, I for one, never get tired of Beaker. He could do readings of scientific journals and it would be hilarious...well, in small doses, perhaps.

And I loved this short. A nominee for future Webbys and Streamys Awards fer shure.

Can anyone tell me who is currently performing Beaker, Statler and Waldorf?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A) Matt Vogel has been recast as quite a few Jerry Nelson Characters, and was suggested by jerry himself.

B) David Rudman has performed Strangepork in the obscure VHS viewmaster game You're the Director Check about 3 minutes in, when he's talking about the Rocket... when he says "Not French Fries...Zee Eifel Tower" It's clearly David. He does it pretty good, and I'd dare to say he'd be up for more lines.
In the MuppetCast interview, Steve mentioned that Matt Vogel has tried out Strangepork, so it may be they'll go with him.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who is currently performing Beaker, Statler and Waldorf?

Beaker
  • Richard Hunt (1977 - 1991)
  • Steve Whitmire (1992 - present)
Statler
  • Richard Hunt (1976 - 1991)
  • Jerry Nelson (1975, 1992 - 2001)
  • Steve Whitmire (2002 - present)
Waldorf
  • Jim Henson (1975 - 1990)
  • Dave Goelz (1992 - present)

Mupp

Reaction score
Yes, this Muppet new video is not as great as the Bohemian Rhapsody video, but its still awesome.

Besides, its hard to top the Muppets Bohemian Rhapsody!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Always great to see a new Muppets video! I'm glad someone on here clued me in on the "flaming" thing- I honestly didn't make the connection at first, but that definitely adds to the joke. Nice!:eek:
(And "Dust in the Wind" is a cool song too- one of Kansas' best- alongside "Carry On, Wayward Son" of course.):smile: