New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Can we stop bringing up Steve coming back, please? It was understandable last year but time has passed and now it's just getting old and annoying.
I'm just one of those types that stands by my convictions to a fault. I do not apologize for what I said and whenever the opportunity arise I will speak out about this. I maybe the only one who even still takes this stand, and if that be the case so be it.

Not only was Steve's firing wrong because the wrong person got fired for the disaster of the 2015 show.

It has already started to affect the true essence and character of the Muppets.
If Disney wants the Muppets to succeed in any medium they are going to have to do a complete overhaul of personal, and bring in people who know, understand and care about the Muppets, and that includes Steve.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Muppets Most Wanted was a box office failure and the 2015 series was a ratings disaster. Both featured Whitmire. Are you saying that if Disney wants the Muppets to succeed they’d have to bring him back? I’m not following the logic, m’gee.

He’s gone. He ain’t comin’ back.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Where is the story of MMW being a box office failure coming in?

I checked the box office compared to the budget and it was way above it. :confused:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Where is the story of MMW being a box office failure coming in?

I checked the box office compared to the budget and it was way above it. :confused:
Ideally most hope to make at least double the budget, especially domestically. Don't forget, they have to pay for promotions and merchandise. Plus, this is Disney we're talking here, the same studio that was disappointed in the second Narnia movie despite it making around $430 million.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Movies need to at least double their budget to break even. Muppets Most Wanted couldn’t double it’s 50 million budget even with worldwide box office factored in. That’s terrible for a franchise film. The fact that it only made 1.2 million domestically over it’s budget is just really sad.

Muppet fans really need to stop pretending this film wasn’t a financial failure.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Movies need to at least double their budget to break even. Muppets Most Wanted couldn’t double it’s 50 million budget even with worldwide box office factored in. That’s terrible for a franchise film. The fact that it only made 1.2 million domestically over it’s budget is just really sad.

Muppet fans really need to stop pretending this film wasn’t a financial failure.

I personally don't believe muppet fans actually care if a muppet film is a success in the box office. All I care about is if a muppet film has good humour, good songs and keeps the same spirit and charm that the original trilogy had

Status
Not open for further replies.