New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yep, if this is really happening, I don't care what it's on, i'm just excited for a new show. As for the writer, I really hope they pick a Muppet writer to be the head. Not to mention, if they want this to be a success the performers need to have some say in how the characters are portrayed.
Also, less important wish list: I really hope they keep Miss Piggy's character development from the end of the last show.
I also really hope that Yolanda, Chip, and Gloria Estefan (penguin) continue as main or recurring characters.
There were a couple of YT videos that came out last year with Robin and Walter, and those were actually really fun and cute. I'd love for that to continue, although it might not work now that Peter Linz plays both of them. Also, I think Walter still technically being the new kid, it would be interesting if he and Scooter formed a close bond, with them both being kind of nerdy and relatively normal compared to the others. Scooter can kind of help Walter navigate the insanity going on around him.
I've said this before but, my favorite part of The Muppet Show was not the sketches, but the backstage plots. To me, seeing the characters really play off each other as themselves was always funny and often had the most clever humor in the show. Unfortunately, most of the backstage plots were pushed to the sidelines by the sketches and the guest stars, so as a result they often ended up feeling rushed and anti-climactic. So, if I were in charge of the new show, it would be more of the stuff going on back stage, and maybe like two sketches. I still think exploring the characters' personal lives could be interesting and give them layers, but make it less adult.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Don't get too bogged down on the whole Disney Streaming Service thing. If you look hard enough, there are always bootlegged versions all over the net.

Anyway, this is exciting. The show just started to improve when it was taken off the air (though admittedly, I enjoyed the entire series). Online streaming definitely seems to be the direction to go, and I think they hold a better chance of renewals in this format.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Don't get too bogged down on the whole Disney Streaming Service thing. If you look hard enough, there are always bootlegged versions all over the net.

Anyway, this is exciting. The show just started to improve when it was taken off the air (though admittedly, I enjoyed the entire series). Online streaming definitely seems to be the direction to go, and I think they hold a better chance of renewals in this format.
Theres a website called 123movies that have near enough all movies and TV shows so it might so the show if it's picked up

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Theres a website called 123movies that have near enough all movies and TV shows so it might so the show if it's picked up
I usually go to ProjectFreeTV, they have a bunch of links to lots of websites. The only trouble is, they keep changing their domain so it can be hard to find it sometimes.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I found the 2015 series (and seasons 4 and 5 of the Muppet show) on KissCartoon, and KimCartoon (basically they're the same site). Just give them time, this new series will probably show up there. My thoughts on this? Well, mixed feelings, actually. I'm still not crazy about Matt Vogel's Kermit (and before anyone gets their knickers in a twist about me saying that, I just want to point out it took me two years to get used to Steve Whitmire's Kermit), but I think it's nice they're actually making a new series (calling a reboot, though . . . . I don't really know if that's the right word here).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm still not crazy about Matt Vogel's Kermit (and before anyone gets their knickers in a twist about me saying that, I just want to point out it took me two years to get used to Steve Whitmire's Kermit)
And look at it this way, what better way for a performer to grow with a character than to have them perform on a consistently running TV show, as opposed to just a few talk show appearances a year.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I found the 2015 series (and seasons 4 and 5 of the Muppet show) on KissCartoon, and KimCartoon (basically they're the same site). Just give them time, this new series will probably show up there. My thoughts on this? Well, mixed feelings, actually. I'm still not crazy about Matt Vogel's Kermit (and before anyone gets their knickers in a twist about me saying that, I just want to point out it took me two years to get used to Steve Whitmire's Kermit), but I think it's nice they're actually making a new series (calling a reboot, though . . . . I don't really know if that's the right word here).
Yeah that's what I'm thinking is it a new series completely or is it rebooting the show in 2015

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
And look at it this way, what better way for a performer to grow with a character than to have them perform on a consistently running TV show, as opposed to just a few talk show appearances a year.
That's true. I'll get used to it, eventually, I'm sure about that.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm thinking is it a new series completely or is it rebooting the show in 2015
Even then, I don't think any of the Muppet shows have ever technically had different canons from each other, aside from Muppet Babies.
The movies, on the other hand are a totally different situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.