New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppzd

Reaction score
^plus Calico is one of the gulag prisoners but he's not in the encyclopedia and I highly doubt that Spa'am or Clueless Morgan will be in the movie but they're in the book

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Wow that is such a hilarious video! Thanks for sharing!

Seriously, Constantine should become a regular Muppet.

I couldnt agree more. I feel like he could have fun causing "harmless" violence to some obscure muppets and penguins and chickens. And come on, an evil criminal that would be so fun having Kermit and the gang always catch him doing something. And Matt Vogel would have so much fun with it becoming a reoccurring role!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Wow that is such a hilarious video! Thanks for sharing!

I couldnt agree more. I feel like he could have fun causing "harmless" violence to some obscure muppets and penguins and chickens. And come on, an evil criminal that would be so fun having Kermit and the gang always catch him doing something. And Matt Vogel would have so much fun with it becoming a reoccurring role!
Or he could be redeemed and become a friend to the rest of the Muppets.

galagr

Reaction score
Agreed. Casual fans already have a hard time telling the difference between Kermit and Robin. Adding a character specifically designed to look like Kermit would just add to the confusion.

I also don't think they'll be friends with Constantine in the end. Don't get me wrong, Constantine is a great character, but, well, if he ended up good in the end, the ending would be a little like this:

Kermit: "Hey guys! You know that frog that stole my identity, almost destroyed the Muppets, and nearly killed us all? It's okay! We're friends now! He can be part of the show! His knack can be juggling."

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I don't know if Constantine would work as a regular (his shtick could get old pretty fast), although I could see him making future cameo appearances. Maybe I'll change my mind after I see the movie.

That being said, I like what Matt Vogel's doing with him in short blasts like the Valentine's Day video ("I have regret") and the Movie Surfers interview. He's mining a likeable-villain vibe that has a little more depth than the basic (and thin) concept of Evil Russian Kermit.

Whether that holds up over the course of a 100-minute movie is entirely another thing...but then, we'll see that in another 23 days, won't we... :smile: :smile: :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They're logistically not going to keep a character who looks exactly like Kermit.
That actually makes more sense than just not keeping him around as a villain.

But then again, that depends on what the heck they plan to do with the characters after this movie. Constantine is a choice character if they were to continue making internet exclusive content. He'd be a fun recurring character for a show if he was confined to his own segment like Clueless Morgan and Polly Lobster's bit in MT. But another movie or a regular on a TV show? I'd sort of agree it's all in execution. I don't see him really ascending to Walter like status, but it's early yet.

But darned if I don't wanna see more Constantine after the film. There's only been previews and commercials, and he's already stealing the show for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.