New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
WHAT?? Why didn't anybody warn me that soem bad website is not useful. Sheesh! :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I especially wouldn't trust IMDB or Wikipedia on cast listings for projects that have yet to be released. From what I can gather, the cast listing for "The Muppets... Again", as well as the earliest cast listing for "The Muppets" were put together by a casual fan that merely made assumptions about which characters, performers, etc., would be featured.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It would be kinda a bad move not to dedicate the film to Jerry or Jane. I highly doubt they wouldn't acknowledge them in some way.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i hope maybe the jerry nelson characters will have a group scene together even if only one or two talk that would be pretty cool but i doubt it :sing::fishy::cluck::crazy:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
It would be kinda a bad move not to dedicate the film to Jerry or Jane. I highly doubt they wouldn't acknowledge them in some way.

I don't know. One of the (very few) issues I have with Disney's handling of the Muppets is the decision to kind of wipe out the Muppets' true origins with Henson, and just make it seem like they've always been "delightful Disney characters." No where in the credits of "The Muppets" do I remember seeing a "based on the characters created by..." credit. People unfamiliar with the Muppet story won't recognize things like Jerry Nelson's voice over or Jim Henson's picture.

Worse still, they refuse to allow the performers to be seen alongside their characters, in order to keep this silly illusion that the Muppets are real, and not just puppets performed by extremely talented people.

End rant.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I don't know. One of the (very few) issues I have with Disney's handling of the Muppets is the decision to kind of wipe out the Muppets' true origins with Henson, and just make it seem like they've always been "delightful Disney characters." No where in the credits of "The Muppets" do I remember seeing a "based on the characters created by..." credit. People unfamiliar with the Muppet story won't recognize things like Jerry Nelson's voice over or Jim Henson's picture.

Worse still, they refuse to allow the performers to be seen alongside their characters, in order to keep this silly illusion that the Muppets are real, and not just puppets performed by extremely talented people.

End rant.

i agree with you 100% about the preformers i feel like they should have more behind the scenes like for TMA they should have had a camera filming the muppets and preformers to show how talented they are to the public so they will get some sort of celebrity status

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentleman, may I present to you some awesome news? Ray Liotta has revealed his cameo in the film! This is what he said...

"With the Muppets? We sing and dance. Me and Danny Trejo are in prison, Kermit is there as well as scattered other Muppets. Kermit gets thrown into jail because they think he’s somebody he’s not, and the identical of him, this guy Constantine, is going out and doing bad things. So yeah, we’re just singing and dancing. Tina Fey is the Warden, Ricky Gervais is somebody in it, it was a lot of fun. It’s really funny. It’s all singing and dancing.”

Omg, omg, OMG!!!!!

(Screaming while doing a happy dance!)

MuppetGeek

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentleman, may I present to you some awesome news? Ray Liotta has revealed his cameo in the film! This is what he said...

"With the Muppets? We sing and dance. Me and Danny Trejo are in prison, Kermit is there as well as scattered other Muppets. Kermit gets thrown into jail because they think he’s somebody he’s not, and the identical of him, this guy Constantine, is going out and doing bad things. So yeah, we’re just singing and dancing. Tina Fey is the Warden, Ricky Gervais is somebody in it, it was a lot of fun. It’s really funny. It’s all singing and dancing.”

Omg, omg, OMG!!!!!

(Screaming while doing a happy dance!)

Haha Kermits in jail again (if you saw the delete scenes from The Muppets) I was thinking Kermit would be in jail and Constantine would pretend to be Kermit to all the other Muppets :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score

End rant.
That's absolutely terrible, and they should be as hands off as they are with Marvel. But the film's crew did the best they could to bring those origins back and reference Jim multiple times in the film. Henson really should have negotiated that better, and put it in some terms of conditions in the deal. But I think the film crew will lobby to get those credits in the film. They managed to get virtually what they wanted, and Disney's meddling just got rid of some very rough edges (the whole Walter being a Dummy thing). Hopefully they'll manage to put some acknowledgement in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.