New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
OH WOWWOWWOWWOW!!!! This is Amazing news for Muppet fans! Louise Gold is back, for real! It will be great to see her reunited with Dave Goelz :concern: :confused: :cool::oops: and Steve Whitmire :smile::shifty::eek::boo: after 25+ years. I wonder if she'll be the only female Muppet performer in the movie. Too...much...excitement... (head explodes, Muppet-style)
http://www.toughpigs.com/the-muppets-again-will-have-gold/
That is exciting! I wonder how the rival is going to next between Miss Piggy and Annie Sue. I can't wait!

And seriously, I have seen Annie Sue on the Muppet Show on YouTube.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That's awesome that Louise Gold is going to work on the new movie, and cool that Annie Sue will possibly be making an appearance. I think she could use a bit of a re-design, because I thought the TMS-era Annie Sue looked a little bit shabby at times.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Maybe everyone will get Constatine mixed up for Kermit and Annie Sue for Piggy and it'll be a whole crazy story and no one will no who is who and it'll be so confusing and we'll only find out what happens in The Muppets...Again....Again!!

*Phew* That took a lot out of me.

cjd874

Reaction score
Maybe everyone will get Constatine mixed up for Kermit and Annie Sue for Piggy and it'll be a whole crazy story and no one will no who is who and it'll be so confusing and we'll only find out what happens in The Muppets...Again....Again!!

*Phew* That took a lot out of me.
Based on that, I could see Constantine & Ricky Gervais's character (the henchman, I think) holding Annie Sue and/or Miss Piggy hostage, and Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, & the gang have to save them. Or Constantine tries to "marry" Miss Piggy, so Kermit has to stage another wedding and "marry" Annie Sue in order to foil Constantine and get Piggy back. I could think of so many plot twists for this...

cahuenga

Reaction score
I knew Louise gold would appear in the next movie!! and I love Annie Sue´s come back!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder how big of a part Annie Sue will have. Hopefully the fact that Louise Gold will be performing means that she'll at least have a line. Great to see confirmation that a classic character who wasn't rebuilt for the last film will be making an appearance (I know Foo-Foo's in a publicity photo, but that doesn't exactly mean she'll be in it...). I wonder if they'll rebuild the jugband so that Louise can perform Lou again as well.

cjd874

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll rebuild the jugband so that Louise can perform Lou again as well.
That would be awesome if the Jug band returned, but I doubt it will happen. Who would play each character? Jerry, Jim & Richard are all gone, and Frank's not involved in this movie. Dave & Louise are the only performers left who were "in" the first Jug band. With all due respect, none of the newer Muppeteers can come close to the dynamic that the core five established back in the 1970s. It wouldn't be worth it to rebuild them just for this movie. Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem are more likely to get a number than the Jug band because they're much more recognizable and popular, and they've all been given to new performers. The Jugband members haven't been given to any of the Mupper performers and they haven't been seen in any productions for a long time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That would be awesome if the Jug band returned, but I doubt it will happen. Who would play each character? Jerry, Jim & Richard are all gone, and Frank's not involved in this movie. Dave & Louise are the only performers left who were "in" the first Jug band. With all due respect, none of the newer Muppeteers can come close to the dynamic that the core five established back in the 1970s. It wouldn't be worth it to rebuild them just for this movie. Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem are more likely to get a number than the Jug band because they're much more recognizable and popular, and they've all been given to new performers. The Jugband members haven't been given to any of the Mupper performers and they haven't been seen in any productions for a long time.
Well, a lot of obscure characters were rebuilt for the last movie, and many didn't have dialogue. Among the rebuilt characters who didn't have dialogue include Droop, Thog, two Mutations, Lips, Trumpet Girl, Nigel, Bobby Benson, and Dr. Strangepork. That's nine characters (and I'm not sure whether Behemoth was rebuilt for the movie), more than the jugband has. Of course, there doesn't have to be a jugband number for them to appear, and even if there was a jugband number, the average jugband number only had individual vocals by Slim Wilson and maybe one other character.

Of course, I'd be satysfied if they were used like they were in the Happiness Hotel number, where none of them got any solo lines, they just sang together in unison. Or maybe if just one or two members were seen hanging around in the background. But yeah, it's more important that The Electric Mayhem gets a number.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Well, a lot of obscure characters were rebuilt for the last movie, and many didn't have dialogue. Among the rebuilt characters who didn't have dialogue include Droop, Thog, two Mutations, Lips, Trumpet Girl, Nigel, Bobby Benson, and Dr. Strangepork. That's nine characters (and I'm not sure whether Behemoth was rebuilt for the movie), more than the jugband has. Of course, there doesn't have to be a jugband number for them to appear, and even if there was a jugband number, the average jugband number only had individual vocals by Slim Wilson and maybe one other character.

Of course, I'd be satysfied if they were used like they were in the Happiness Hotel number, where none of them got any solo lines, they just sang together in unison. Or maybe if just one or two members were seen hanging around in the background. But yeah, it's more important that The Electric Mayhem gets a number.

Behemoth was rebuilt and was heavily used in promo for the movie and also had a line or two in the movie and was preformed by Bill Barretta

Droop on the other hand had no lines in the movie but in the Scratching of the Surface featurette he was preformed by Peter Linz

Status
Not open for further replies.