New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
I'm good with the others getting screen time, but I don't think less Piggy is any kind of recipe for success. I don't mean the Kermit and Piggy stuff...I tire of that a little too...but more Piggy. However, she's my favorite so I understand that everybody else would want their favorite in more as well. I have no problem with that at all!
I do kinda hope that they all get a bit of their innocence back though...I especially like Piggy less seasoned...
oh...wait....

Drtooth

Reaction score
The last movie was all about the long missing Kermit/Piggy dynamic. Something that, out of the post Henson projects was only really explored in MTI and VMX. I absolutely adore the grown up interaction between them, rather than the usual Flanderized fat jokes and Hiyahs.

But if you look at the classic movies, there's a lot of Kermit and Piggy, especially in GMC. There was more of a balance there. This movie should have a better balance of characters as we don't need the big comeback plotline anymore.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Post Oz Fozzie is not nearly as funny, endearing, or multi-dimensional as Oz Fozzie. Unless they can get his character right, I don't really care about him having a major role.

I want to see more Gonzo. He's one of my favorite Muppets, and he's the only one still being performed by his original Muppeteer.*

*I know Whitmire has Rizzo, but we don't see a lot of him, and he's not from the original core team of Muppets.

Hubert

Reaction score
I agree that Fozzie's quality has declined in recent years, yet still, I feel like if he doesn't get more usage soon, that'll never get corrected. The more Fozzie is used, the better the writing for him will become.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I certainly felt like the Fozzie/Kermit dynamic was much better in The Muppets. I liked that he was the first Muppet Kermit looked up.

Hubert

Reaction score
I liked that also. Fozzie and Kermit's relationship didn't have a lot of time, but when it did, it really shined. Though small, for some reason I liked the idea that when the Muppets were in hammocks, not only were Fozzie and Kermit next to each other, but Fozzie was the one to mention the hole to Kermit.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Just a little update on my quest to visit The Muppet Studios (aka Pinewood Studios) during the shoot..
Just heard from my mate who works there and learnt that he knows one of the floor managers who is working on the muppets.. Hes gonna be turning on the charm this week! Im a bit closer but still a way off yet :smile:

Fingers crossed :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.