New Muppet Christmas Ornament at the Disney Store

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The problem is that 90% of the Muppet stuff was cleared out because they were all seasonal... Beach Towels, office supplies... don't see why the coffee mugs went out, you'd think they'd be a big seller this time of year. And I really am disappointed they cleared out and stopped the Pook-a-looz line. They could have at least given it until after Christmas to clear it out, only cutting the prices down to $10 each... The Muppet ones sold pretty fast once the price went down, but we had all these Peter Pan ones left over.

I still wonder why they felt the Up set would sell so poorly only 1 in a thousand stores got it, and you can tell some greedy employees took first crack at them so they could sell them for 10 times the price as "rare" on E-bay. Especially when they have so many Handy Manny sets they could build a warehouse to store them all WITH boxes of them. Really... overrated Bob the Builder ripoff. At least they have that Dug plush bean bag.

But yeah... They also sometimes have Marvel movie stu... well... okay, they had Iron Man movie stuff and ONLY Iron Man movie stuff and it wasn't exactly Disney exclusive material. Sigh... I really wanted to see a Marvel pook-A-Looz line. The DC imitation P-A-L series looks TERRIBLE.
I'm sure they predicted Up! would sell poorly considering how much unsold Ratatouille and Wall-E stuff they were stuck with. Up! might have been a lot of things to a lot of people as a film, but as a toyline...it's just not that dynamic. The item with the best selling point would the a talking plush of the dog. I heard they made one, but neglected to give him any lines about squirrels!

I don't know why the mugs aren't still availavle in the stores. That's a huge mistake.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Ratatouille line killed them. That's what I've been saying. Wall*E stuff just didn't sell strong enough... but frankly, that was their fault. If they stuck to smaller, core characters like Wall*E and Eve...even Mo, they wouldn't have been stuck with so many third or fourth string only in one scene for 2 minutes robots ruining the sales. That said, I didn't get anything but a Green Army Man style miniature robots set and both Pez. I loved the movie, just... A) I couldn't find the toys in many stores (I was blown away by the irony of Wal*Mart carrying it) and B) they looked lousy. Had Disney stuck to the core line of PVC sets and Bean Bags and T-shirts... stuff like that, they would have had less of a problem.

But then again, Ratatouille didn't even see Christmas... didn't even see the video come out when they cleared the stuff out. Wall*E managed to sit on store shelves for 2 years before a massive clearance. That said, the Up figure set should NOT have been so rare. I get that they were test marketing or something, and I'm kicking myself for not trying to buy it (no money) as I saw it once and only once. But they made a HUGE mistake making only large talking plushes of the dogs. Dug sold eventually, but the others sat on shelves forEVER. Meanwhile, the Christmas ornament sold like hotcakes, and the figure set goes for a fortune on E-bay. Why they didn't give a more general release (yet still limited) the following year was ridiculous, though. That is a VERY good figurine set, especially for them (their sculpts are good... but the paint aps... though the Chicken Little set was BEAUTIFUL!)

Needless to say, though... NO ONE wanted G-Force merchandise like NO ONE wanted to see G-Force the movie. Why they put so much into marketing that and taking forever to release a Kevin plush is beyond me.

As for the Pook-a-looz. No way are they coming back, at least at Disney. They gave the entire line a deep discount clearance, also getting rid of the mugs, canteens, and office products. I still see some stuff hitting other outlets... TRU has like, tops and stuff. So they very well could just sell some new stuff outside of Disney... but I wouldn't get my hopes up on seeing Piggy.

beaker

Reaction score
Needless to say, though... NO ONE wanted G-Force merchandise like NO ONE wanted to see G-Force the movie. Why they put so much into marketing that and taking forever to release a Kevin plush is beyond me.
I have my own real life guinea, so no merch needed. My friend bought me G-force on dvd, is it worth watching?

Yeah I love robots, but robots(and Im sorry, cars too) just are not cuddly. And the figures of the helpers just weren't very colorful. Actually its a downright depressing movie(Wall E) Rata-whatsit turned into a very special film near the end, only Pixar I never saw in theaters but I wish I did. Its usually only the super cutesy stuff like Toy Story, Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo that connects with the buying public

Still, never before has a Pixar film gotten close to zilch merchandise, and very rare quantities at that.

Btw, Drtooth: Arent you glad all the Muppet stuff got put on clearance? You mention here and there not being able to afford any merchandise ever, and well...Muppet mugs for $2 and Pook a loos of Fozzie, Gonzo, Kermit and Animal for $4 each is pretty good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Btw, Drtooth: Arent you glad all the Muppet stuff got put on clearance? You mention here and there not being able to afford any merchandise ever, and well...Muppet mugs for $2 and Pook a loos of Fozzie, Gonzo, Kermit and Animal for $4 each is pretty good.

Well, I got Gonzo and Animal when they first went down to 6 bucks... then, well, I never saw any of the Muppets ever again. They had... I can't remember exactly... but they also sold out of the NBX ones as soon as they hit clearance (the other ones I wanted)... and I only saw like Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland ones. I almost got Dale, but had no money that day. As for mugs... I don't particularly drink all that many hot beverages... they don't play nice with my stomach... and the sticky pads were cute, but I have TONS of unopened sticky pads. But the beach towel (I really wanted that one)...vvppp! just gone.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
so i just bought one of the ornaments (intact) and it is great but when i got home and took it out of the bag Kermit's foot had broken off in the car...luckily i was able to fix it

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wish they did another one, but...eh... okay. Hopefully these won't all be broken in store this time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh... it's not like I actually got it the first time. But this time I just might.

Agent P was too hard to pass up.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score