New Muppet Central Site Design

Luke

Reaction score
Juliette,

All you need to do is enter the site at this link :- http://www.muppetcentral.com/frontpage.shtml

At the bottom of every page there is a text menu of links (Home, News, Collectibles etc etc) - just use those to get around the site and you'll be fine.

A 28.8 modem is fine for this kind of 'light' flash site - i am using a 33.6 right now and the stuff came up instantly.

CheckChuck

Reaction score
Flash Complaints??!!?

Get Flash! Welcome to the 90's!

The Site looks incredible! It's much more professional and inviting too. Great timing with the increased Muppetdom going on with the figures, movies, dvd's, etc.

I'd love more ecards with photos in addition to the original drawing cards. That's my only remaining desire for MC.

juliette

Reaction score
Thanks very much, Luke. I tried it on my office machine, where I don't have Flash, and was able to access articles and things. The site really is attractive.

I haven't tried it at home yet but I hope you're right and it won't take any longer than the usual times. After all, when you have a 28.8, you don't expect instant gratification anyway!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The site is rather Flash-light, as Luke has suggested. Very few sites these days are designed for 28k modems, but I tried to be mindful and put in a loader for those with slower connection speeds.

It was tested at several connection speeds and though I wish it could be optimized more, it really is rather small. It's rather fast on a 56k and it's lightening on DSL and cable. Much quicker than Henson or Sesame sites

The main page, for example, is much more economical than it used to be. The buttons and header have been consolidated and it is virtually the same size as all the buttons and header were before the change.

I'm glad that the content can be seen by those without Flash and I am working to have the opening day intro removed soon. :smile:

Ryan

Reaction score
Jamie Phil, you have outdone yourselves once again. I love the site. It's just too cool. Congrats on making the best Muppet site even better.:wink:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Intro has been removed. Hopefully things will be better for a few of our fellow Mac users who were having trouble with it.

By the way, on all of the menus if you click on the center "Muppet Central" logo it will take you back to our home page.

towels

Reaction score
Re: Luke

Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
Keep hitting refresh-- the penguin will come
It's like a slot machine...
I've got three frogs...what do I win?
:smile:

Nicely done. Hope I have sufficient flash at home... Now I just need the forum to cooperate and I'll be happy!

Luke

Reaction score
I've finally hit the Penguin, i had to get through 3 doozer's and a joint Statler/Waldorf combination first though ! :big_grin:

I know what the secret is - unknown to even Phillip, Jamie has digitised a photo of himself and it comes up as a rare character in the arches. I saw it on like the hundredth refresh !

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
:frown: I miss the intro. on the main page. I just wanted to say again to all moderators, creators and maintainers...
Good JOB! You keep us fans happy and I can't ask for anything more!

Now, can I have a muffin? :big_grin:
*remembers I wouldn't "ask for anything more" and blushes*

Wonderful site, it comes up really fast on our T1 and on my 56K @ home. Virtual madness...love it!