New movies coming out...

wolfy

Reaction score
Speaking of "Nemo," did anyone else catch the report that 48 Hours did last night on Pixar?

Pretty interesting, especially about some of the background of the various movies they have done, and who some of the characters are modeled after (I like Buzz...it was cute).

They also talk to Brad Garrett (who is the pufferfish) and Ellen DeGeneres (which I probably spelled wrong) who plays "Dory," the little blue fish with short-term memory loss who goes with "Martin," Nemo's dad (played by Albert Brooks, who is currently seen in "In-Laws" with Michael Douglas).

It was a nice little newsy 10-15 minutes called "Lightning in a Bottle." Pretty neat.
wolfy

PS Mike Myers as the "Cat?" Shouldn't the "Cat" be a tall, skinny person, since "Cat" is tall and slender? Not saying this person should be "Cat," because he was "Grinch, " but that his BUILD is right so you know what kind of body I am talking about: like Jim Carrey...tall, slender, loosey-goosey kind of body...

And since Lorenzo Music is no longer around to do "Garfield's" voice, I guess Murray is okay, but I was really hoping for someone who could be another Lorenzo. I mean, who else can be "Garfield," or "Carlton the doorman" for that matter?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Bill Murray doing Garfield? Well, that's a bit of good news for the cat's movie.

Did anyone catch 60 Minutes II last night? There was a whole thing on the animation for Finding Nemo. After seeing that, I actually want to see it. I didn't realize that was Albert Brooks and Ellen Degeneres. They showed the making of one of the scenes for the movie, and I was in shock! It looked so real! I kept thinking, "Why can't the Hulk movie look like that?" :smile:

Anyway, I wasn't really sure about it at first, but, Finding Nemo's starting to look a whole lot better to me. And, I really loved Monsters Inc. and all the other Pixar movies. Let's just hope Pixar sticks to their reputation of making pretty good movies.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oooops! I didn't realize you already posted about this, wolfy.

It was on 48 hours, too? Or was that a mistake? I know it was on 60 Minutes.

Ah, 60 minutes, 48 hours, it's all the same...

wolfy

Reaction score
Uuummmmmm....

Let's just say it was on last night at 9 p.m. on CBS.

How's that sound?

Thanks, SuperScooter! By the way...love the avitar!
wolfy

radionate

Reaction score
Did anyone catch the stretch limo version of the Mystery Machine in those pictures!?!?!?!?!?!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy

Let's just say it was on last night at 9 p.m. on CBS.

How's that sound?

Thanks, SuperScooter! By the way...love the avitar!
wolfy
Yeah, that was 60 Minutes.

And, thank you. I gotta work on a better version of it, though.

Nate,
I think I saw that. I don't recall.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I think Bill Murray is an excellent choice for Garfield. He'll do a good job.

I just saw a pretty long Cat in the Hat preview on E's summer movie preview thing the other day and it looks just like Grinch-very "Seussy". I also am a fan of both the kids (Spencer Breslin and Dakota Fanning), I think that was a good casting job. I think Mike Meyers is a good choice too even though (I agree) he doesn't look right. I have mixed feelings toward the project in general. Grinch is one of my all time favorite Christmas cartoons and I wasn't overly impressed with the movie but i'm not as attached to Cat so maybe I won't judge it as harshly.

Can't wait to see Finding Nemo...I watched both Toy Storys the other day to get ready for it.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Well, since the original voice is dead, I think Murray is a perfect choice for Garfield as long as he tries to mimic the style. He's a briliant comedian so I think he can swing it. A very inspired choice. I'm glad to see him back on top after they pushed him out of the new Angels project.
actually i heard he didn't want to be in the 2nd one..he never likes doing sequels and gets moody about them. i heard he is really difficult to work with. that's why he didn't want to do ghostbusters 3.

ryan

CraigD

Reaction score
He didn't do Charlies Angels 2 because he didn't enjoy making the original and apparently didn't get on with Lucy Liu.

I don't blame him for not making it either, because the original was terrible. The script left Murray with nothing to do, and I thought he gave one of his worst ever performances in that film.

I've also heard he was reluctant to do Ghostbuster II, but came back for the fun of working with everybody again. Apparently he refused to do it a third time though.

Craig

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There is no Ghostbusters without Bill. He's the least replaceable cast member. Anyway, I heard it was Lucy who got him shut out of the latest Angels film. I guess it depends on the source. You never know. It's a lot of money for a little work. I can't see him wanting to turn that down. It appears they've given Bernie Mac more screentime. Maybe they learned from their mistake. I didn't see the first in the theater and won't likely see this one either.