New movies coming out...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Lu775 said:
Ah, ya gotta love movie fest time!

Boys from County Clare: Charming Irish movie about 2 brothers competing in a Ceili Band contest. (Colm Meany and Bernard Hill star).
Oooh, I'm always a sucker for a good Irish flick! :smile:
Erin

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I just say Matchstick Men today. Very good film; I liked Cage a lot better in this than Adaptation. Although very good in that film, his character in MM allows him to give a much stronger performance.

If you haven't seen it yet, do so soon :smile:!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Has anyone seen "Secondhand Lions"? I keep seeing the previews now and am absolutely itching to see it!!
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, is anyone going to see Runamway jury when it comes out in america? It is soooo not fair that is is coming out there first. I want to see it.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Most deffinitly. The author of the book (his name escapes me) is quite good. I just loved The Client. Very good movie. Plus, I jsut found out, Runaway Jury's only rated PG-13. A plus for us under-age viewers on the forum. I think John Cussack's a really good actor, and I'm told Gene Hackman is as well, I just haven't seen the right stuff with him in it. All-in-all, it oughta be a good movie... hopefully.

It'll be in jolly ol' England before you know it, Beauregard. Just like everything else. You got The Muppet Show first, we get Runaway Jury first. It hardly seems like a fair trade-off for us livin' in the U.S.

Beauregard

Reaction score
John Grisham is the name of the author and he is not good, he is brilliant.

I have only seen Pelican Brief of his movies, but the books are great. And he is a chritian too, which makes a plus with me!

Beau

radionate

Reaction score
John Grisham actually lives here in town. Let's just say I'm not his biggest fan.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
John Grisham's first cousin's wife taught me Sociology at Northwest Mississippi Community College in Senatobia, MS.

I think he does a lot of charitable work doesn't he? All I know is I don't like novels about real-life things. I like fantasy type stuff like Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe, or the Oz series, or Uncle Remus...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
All I know is I don't like novels about real-life things. I like fantasy type stuff like Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe, or the Oz series, or Uncle Remus...
I'm with ya there. Well, I read children's / young adult books of all kinds, but I particularly like fantasy, and fantasy is about the only type of adult book that I read. There'll be the odd exception, but mainly, it's fantasy for me.
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
All I know is I don't like novels about real-, and Wardrobe, or the Oz series, or Uncle Remus...
I'd have to agree with you there, too. I've never even bothered to read one of his novels, but I do like it when they turn them into movies. It seems more fitting, I think.

Like you said, the only type of book I normally read is either a fantasy or a biography.