New movies coming out...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, the scene with the...ahem... HIGH turtle cracks me up...

"I was like WOAH... and they were like WOAH... and I was like wooooooooaaaah"

"He's trying to speak to me, I know it!!!"

Now that cracked me up..

though, it's hard to say that theat scene will happen exactly like that in the movie...

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, that's my favorite part in the commercials I've seen!!!!
My question is....What exactly is the STORY in "Finding Nemo"? Cuz, I've not seen much that points to any sort of plot, so far......
No offense, Ryan, but once you named the director of Bruce Almighty, all hope was gone of me ever seeing it. I can't STAND Ace Ventura or the Nutty Professor, and I only sorta liked Liar, Liar, (my favorite part being the, "A GOOSE!" outtake), and Patch Adams is myfavorite of the bunch you mentioned, which is saying alot.
Sorry, Wolfy, I don't watch movies just b/c I think an actor is cute, (although it IS a plus for me), but I actually DID like Hugh Jackman's performance, and since Wolverine's my favorite anyway, (Rogue being 2nd), he's definitely among the reasons for me to see number 2!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
Oh, yeah, that's my favorite part in the commercials I've seen!!!!
My question is....What exactly is the STORY in "Finding Nemo"? Cuz, I've not seen much that points to any sort of plot, so far.....
Here's my guess... I've heard the characters on different commercials, and the plot is probably that the two fish are finding the orange fish's son...

that's all I know...

wolfy

Reaction score
Sorry, Wolfy, I don't watch movies just b/c I think an actor is cute, (although it IS a plus for me), but I actually DID like Hugh Jackman's performance, and since Wolverine's my favorite anyway, (Rogue being 2nd), he's definitely among the reasons for me to see number 2!
Ha, ha...basically the reason I am, as well!

I was dragged to the first movie, somewhat kicking and screaming (albeit silently, as I AM the Mom...), because the kids wanted to see "Xmen" so badly, so to me, Jackman was a VERY pleasant surprise, and I enjoyed the young girl who played "Rogue" in her part. I ended up liking the show, but again, not to the point of wanting to return to see it again and again...

Gosh, I can't remember a movie I have seen more than a couple times (willingly) that I have paid for again and again at the theaters, but then, I have a LONG life's time to try and think of what shows I went to! I have favorites, of course, that I will watch over and over on television or DVD or VHS tape if I am in the mood for them (old musicals and classic movies being my preference), but to pay and see a show again and again...let me think about this one, okay?

And you're right...I haven't heard much about the plot of "Nemo" either...But it seems like the clownfish's son has been "captured" by humans (probably to become part of someone's sea or salt-water aquarium) and he and that blue fish whose species type escapes me but is voiced by Ellen DeGeneres go on an adventure to rescue him. The "official site" at findingnemo.com kept getting hung up somewhere and I couldn't get in to see what it was about, but the trailer is cute. LOVE the angler fish and all the "light" comments. Great work on the scenes I could get to see, Pixar...
wolfy

wolfy

Reaction score
Okay...got some info on this "Finding Nemo" movie (thanks to "Disney Adventures" that arrived in the mail today). There wasn't a lot in there, as it is geared toward kids (again, that "flash and go" kind of thing...), but there is a little bit. There will be more in the issue that goes on sale May 27, three days before the movie comes out...

The movie will take place somewhere around Sydney, Australia, as that is where Nemo's dad and that blue fish are flown with in a pelican's mouth, and you get to learn some sea turtle surf lingo like "Yo! Grab shell, dude!" which means, "Hang on!" (Anyone who ever watched TMNT knew that, though..)

In the movie little clownfish Nemo is going to his first day of school. It turns out to be quite an adventure in a way that no one expects. While at school in the Great Barrier Reef, he meets several new friends.

The most popular student is Squirt, a sea turtle. Squirt is a super-cool exchange student who loves extreme sports. He also loves teaching his new Fish School buds surfing lingo.

The track athlete of the year is Sheldon Seahorse. He is a speedy second-grader who likes to practice the Seaweed Sprint around the reef. If he weren't allergic to water, he might even end up winning one of his races...

The most mischeievous is Tad, a butterfly fish. Tad was voted most Likely to Sped Time in the Principal's Office. He pulls lots of pranks, such as scaring poor Pearl to make her "ink."

Pearl, a flapjack octopus, is the Fish School yearbook editor. She cut printing costs on the yearbooks by 20 percent by using her own ink.

Nemo, the clownfish, is the class clown. He was almost voted Most Likely to Bring His Dad to the Prom. He had this category in the bad -- or the net...

Seems that Nemo, with his dad and pals watching, gets caught by a fisherman's net and is taken away. Thus the amazing adventure begins...

That's the jist of the information in the Disney Adventures magazine. Hope it helps a little bit...
wolfy

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
oh finding nemo..who cares......now i have a headache...

okay people since no one didn't talk about bruce almighty, i'm assumming you don't want to see this movie since everyone is talking about finding nemo. okay moving on.....

x-men 2. some of you were talking about this earlier so i'll bring it up. do you think it'll be good? think it might be more of a talky story and not enough action?

well for me, i'll go se this movie, but it does look like this movie might be more talk than action like the first one was. i want the sentinels instead of brian cox as stryker, the would be nemesis of wolverine....

ryan

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
The track athlete of the year is Sheldon Seahorse. He is a speedy second-grader who likes to practice the Seaweed Sprint around the reef. If he weren't allergic to water, he might even end up winning one of his races...
wolfy
That has to be without a doubt, the STUPIDEST character concept Disney has ever built. A SEAHORSE THAT IS ALLERGIC TO WATER?!?! COME THE FRIG ON PEOPLE!!! I've seen many less-than-top quality Disney characters before, but that just takes the cake.

:mad: :boo: :mad:

-Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A 6-foot canary, a pig that loves a frog, and a bear that lives in a big blue house, but has no paying job - all of these are just as ludicrous as a seahorse with a water allergy. Who even knows how far they take that gag. I think some people have been out to dislike the film even before the teaser was released. No, it probably won't be Monsters Inc, but why does it have to be? Let's just wait and see. This is why some directors guard their films and don't give much away until you see it. Films and characters are hard to sum up in a couple of sentences. I'm sure some of your favorite Muppets would seem stupid with just a picture and a brief description. Let's not forget how tired the Toy Story premise was. We've all seen toys come to life a billion times, but Pixar pulled it off. I think Nemo will be an interesting journey at the very least. I might not give every film 5 stars, but Pixar hasn’t made a bad one yet. :excited:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes even though the premise is iffy on Nemo..i am looking forward to seeing it....i hope it is tastefully done as the other pixar films (as tasteful as animation can get...which is more than some people think:smile: ) so even though i kind of mock it i am highly anticipating it!

Sarah